Navy Dads

The beginnings of Class 293 are ramping up after their first PT.  Any other 293 Dads out there?

Views: 6697

Replies to This Discussion

Talked to our son yesterday - He said that those that did well (?) in the mock test may not have to take all of the final exit PT test.  Looks like we'll get to see him for a bit during the Holidays.

Safe Travels & Happy Holidays to all of Class 293 and their families. Cherish the moments!  2012 is going to be quite a year for these guys.

HooYah  Class 293!!!

L Dave T said:

Our son just called last night had some comments regarding the mock exit PT test and "running in the cold" he commented, the air temp was a crisp 35 degrees. The mock test included going immediately from one excercise test to the other and he stated his time suffered a little but well within the margin for passing. Looking forward to the holidays w/family and some well earned leave.

Eveyone anticipating BO and the beginning of P-1.  Surf said he was looking forward to it - getting to the left coast and playing in the sandbox.  Guess it's all about attitude.

HooYah

My wife found the following list on the NavyforMoms website - they have a similar SEAL group/Class format.

Surf took some if it with him, the rest we'll flat-rate to him on an as-needed basis:

MUST HAVE                                               GOOD TO HAVE

shoe polish kit                                                  Multi-Tool  (Gerber or Leatherman) *

punch/scribe *                                                    heat gun *

Wire and Bore brush *                                          Tool box

steel wool                                                         Power dremmel

sand paper                                                        foam roller

Lighter  *                                                           Butane lighter *

Wrench 9/16 *                                                    Tobasco sauce or CLR *

Silicone                                                            Running shoes

knife sharpener  *                                               a few civi's

black/white fabric pens                                      Q-tips and cotton balls *

Back magic marker                                           Facial wipes

Water proof paper and pen                                 waterproof  sunscreen

Sea Wallet                                                       Desitin or Bordeaux"s

Vaseline

A lot of superglue *

Ultra Glide or Body Glide ( available at REI or running stores)

Athletic tape *

Black electrical tape

black 550 chord *

Good list, be easy on the Vaseline the sand sticks to it like glue and is hard to get off. Most that I know use Boudreaux's Butt Paste®. There are other brands but this is what most of Class 273 used.

We should start Class 293 group. It allows more privacy than general open discussion. Any takers ?? look for Class 293 join group... look in groups  Class 293

excellent move to start a group for 293...by limiting what is seen to the general public you do much to insure the security of our SEALs in training.......anthing I can do to help, let me know....

Does anyone know any info of class 293...my sailor was rolled from class 292 for a blown ear drum the day before Hell Week and there has been no contact since then...? Any info would be helpful

Bob

My son is in 292 but I think they are presently in Indoc with first phase beginning around Feb 6

thank you! Its frustrating not knowing anything and not hearing from your sailor for a few months especially over the holidays is the hardest

tk said:

Bob

My son is in 292 but I think they are presently in Indoc with first phase beginning around Feb 6

Our son PIR 10/14/11 and then stayed in GL for pre-BUD/S.  He was able to spend the holidays with us and then reported to Coronado on 1/3.  He started Indoc or Orientation on 1/17 (not 1/16 because of the holiday).  I'm a bit confused on a couple of things and would appreciate someone helping me out.  Are Indoc and Orientation the same thing?  Regarding Class #'s...what's the class # for those who started Indoc/Orientation on 1/17 and then are scheduled to start First Phase on/around Feb 6th--are they in 292 or 293? Thanks for your help!

Mark

He would be in class 293.  Indoc and Basic Orientation (BO) are the same thing and last 3 weeks before phase 1 begins.  Phase 1 is 7 weeks long with HW being week 4.  Phase 2 is dive phase, class 293 is currently in week 5 and should complete it around Feb 10.

sorry, on the last post it is class 292 that is presently in dive phase week 5 and completing around 2/10.  hopefully the guys pay more attention to detail than dad.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments