Navy Dads

Does anyone know where I might could find clip art of the MA badge, or a vector drawing (outline type drawing), or even a decent picture of one? I'm having a local tattoo artist design a tat that is a combination of the Navy anchor and the MA badge, but am having problems finding a clear picture of the badge itself. HELP!

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bert,
If you look on the right side of the main page on navydads towards the middle under the about this site, you will see listings of navy insignias. if you will click on it and open up the enlisted ratings tab and then expand the size of it you will be able to see the MA insignia . Another place you might look is www.navychief.com I have found some very good insignias there and some are in color. My son is an ET and he found a sticker that has his rating on it and bought it for me to put on my truck. Just a few places you might look and see if the are any help to you for your tattoo. might I ask you to post this tatto in the Navy Sailors Tattoo Shop group for all to see that want to.
Tim
Thanks, Tim. That one should work. Look forward to getting this put together and will be glad to post when it's done.
Tim, Thanks for the link. That is a very cool site.
You guys are welcome for the help. Bert can't wait to see the tat when you get it done. My son wants him, my wife and I to all get matching tats done with a Naval theme. problem we are having is that all the ones he and I come up with mom doesn't like the size or like the idea itself. He is an E.T. so I would like to get that symbol in with an anchor that would link the 3 of us together but mom wants hers to be smaller and not in the same spot.
Tony I have found several things on Navychief that I would like to get and some Ideas for a design for a tattoo. My son has only just begun his A school so he is still young in his Naval career. I couldn't be more proud of him or any of the hundreds and hundreds of sailors that defend this wonderful country that we like to call home.
I'm not your typical tat guy. I have one now that is very special and everything about it has special meaning. I thought about it for a long time before I decided what to do with it, and actually just kinda fell into the idea. So I can empathize with your wife in that you don't just randomly put a permanent mark on your body, even if the intention is good. That's why I'm taking my time and giving this so much thought.....I want it to be a special as the relationship I have with my son. It simply has to be right. The idea I posted is just the most recent evolution and it may change several times before it's done, but I'll be sure to give you guys a peek! Of course, if I could afford to fly to Miami and pay a fortune to the Miami Ink guys, I'm sure they could come up with one that would make everyone cry......but I ain't that rich!
Well bert I am in the same boat as you are. I have 3 tats myself and all of them have a special meaning to me. I have my wifes name tattooed on my ring finger as I can't wear jewelry from to much acid in my system, it breaks down the metals. I have a medicine wheel on my right outside calf that I drew when I was 15 and later found out that my great great grandfather was a medicine man in his tribe. the other is theater masks on my left ankle that is a tribute to my sons and the difference in their personalities. I also took a long time to get my first tat as I wanted it to be special and be right.
My son got his first tat right before thanksgiving, and was like me after his first one wanted another right away. Thats when he started working on the idea of a tat for the three of us to get. I told him it would have t be something that his mom would agree to get cuz she doesn't like big bulky tats, she likes them plain and simple.
My son is hoping to get stationed in San Diego after A School so that we can fly out and visit them whenever we decide on the tat and hop over to L.A. and let L.A. Ink do the tat for us. I told him to wait and see where he gets stationed and then we'll find a reputable parlor and do the homework on them cuz I don't want something done that I don't like or won't put myself in a position to get something I will regret later on in life.
I'm with ya on that. Mine is on, believe it or not, the back of my head on the right side (my head has been shaved for years). It is the Korean term "Shang Jone Ja", which means "survivor". Back in 2001 I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and did surgery, then 12 weeks of chemo. I've been cancer free ever since, thank God. I wanted to celebrate life in a special way, so I started shaving my head (when my hair started to grow back), and wore a gold ball earring in my left ear (you guys know why it is in my left ear, I assume)...to "replace" what I lost in the surgery. I then grew a moustache to show the world that I can grow hair, I just choose not to so that every time I look in the mirror I am reminded of how blessed I am. Then my TaeKwonDo instructor, a Korean 7th degree black belt and dear friend, gave me the name "Shang Jone Ja", or survivor, and wrote it our for me. I took that paper that he wrote it on and had it tattooed on the right side of my shaved head....the side the cancerous tumor was taken from. It has become my trademark to my martial arts students, and in fact the name of my school is Ultimate Survivor Martial Arts Academy. Through all the chemo, it was my young teenage son who checked on me, waited on me, did things for me, ran my errands.....never complaining or even having to be asked. Then after spending a couple of years in college trying to figure out what he wanted to become, he came home one weekend and we started talking about the military. He and I went to the recruiter's office and he was hooked from day one. I was proud of him already, but this topped the cake. Then he decided to go into the MA (law enforcement) program. Old beat cop Dad could barely contain himself! His mother is proud but also worried about him, cause he's a bit too much like the old man at times: he's happiest when he's in the thick of things, but I could not be more proud of him. Sorry to be so windy, but now ya'll know all about me and my hero!
If you google master at arms pictures there are very good pictures of badges on those links. good luck hope you find one you like.
You might be able to order a challenge coin with a MA badge on it? Most of the Challenge coins have the rating symbol on them though.
Thanks for the link to Navychief.com. I ordered some CT t-shirts from them and said one was for my daughter graduating from Great Lakes. They immediately emailed me and told me they would make sure we get them on time. The person who contacted me said her son graduated from GL a couple years ago. Great customer service.
what I have ordered off of Navy Chief so far has been prompt service and very good quality.

Tony said:
Thanks for the link to Navychief.com. I ordered some CT t-shirts from them and said one was for my daughter graduating from Great Lakes. They immediately emailed me and told me they would make sure we get them on time. The person who contacted me said her son graduated from GL a couple years ago. Great customer service.
Hey, Tim! What duty station did your son get? Michael called last night to say he got San Diego, and most of his class did, apparently. He was pumped about it. He had kinda wanted to be in Florida because his girlfriend's A-school is in Jacksonville, but he had said since he enlisted that he wanted to go to San Diego. They may actually be working together!

Tim said:
Well bert I am in the same boat as you are. I have 3 tats myself and all of them have a special meaning to me. I have my wifes name tattooed on my ring finger as I can't wear jewelry from to much acid in my system, it breaks down the metals. I have a medicine wheel on my right outside calf that I drew when I was 15 and later found out that my great great grandfather was a medicine man in his tribe. the other is theater masks on my left ankle that is a tribute to my sons and the difference in their personalities. I also took a long time to get my first tat as I wanted it to be special and be right.
My son got his first tat right before thanksgiving, and was like me after his first one wanted another right away. Thats when he started working on the idea of a tat for the three of us to get. I told him it would have t be something that his mom would agree to get cuz she doesn't like big bulky tats, she likes them plain and simple.
My son is hoping to get stationed in San Diego after A School so that we can fly out and visit them whenever we decide on the tat and hop over to L.A. and let L.A. Ink do the tat for us. I told him to wait and see where he gets stationed and then we'll find a reputable parlor and do the homework on them cuz I don't want something done that I don't like or won't put myself in a position to get something I will regret later on in life.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments