Navy Dads

Navy Dads will be opening a store this coming Spring! The name of the store will be Navyoutfitters.com. I previously offered shirts and gifts through Cafe Press on the site but will no longer offer them because of a list of issues.

1. Cafe Press is a company that anyone can upload their own images and sell at no cost to them.
2. Prices are to high ( Cafe Press set a high price on their items) I can do them at a much lower cost, in turn will be able to offer them at more affordable prices.
3. The quality of their products could be much better for the price.
4. I have no control over the inspection of how the product looks before it ships out.

This was a temporary way to offer logo shirts and such at no cost to me. But I feel the best way to do something right is to do it yourself. That is why I'm starting my own store because my name and this site (Navy Dads) which I created is accountable for the product quality and customer's satisfaction of merchandise sold. It is also a direct reflection of my integrity and character.

This site runs at a cost each month to me so offering Navy products for sell will help pay the bills and make this site bigger and better in days ahead . People have so generously offered to donate money to this site in the past and I'm thankful they are so willing to help. I have told them all "the day I ask for a donation on this site is because it will go 100% back to the Sailors. My intentions are pure. I want to make an honest buck like everybody else. I will start the store small with a few products and a percentage of the profits will go to a fund to help Sailors.

Now I would like your input on what are the needs of the store. I plan on starting with one or two shirts, hat, ribbon magnet, etc. I want to keep my cost low in starting so I'm wondering what our members are willing to spend their hard earned dollars on. Below is a magnet idea I have that will sell for 5 to 6 dollars a magnet. Will people buy this? I have taken the magnet off because I cannot use the Navy Emblem on it. This company was in the wrong. I will post the new magnet soon.

I've also thought of a hat or visor that just has Navy embroidered on it. A shirt that has Navy on it or more detailed. Logo shirts that will be at a cost of around 10 dollars. The Navy flag is another product I thought of offering. I'm looking for every one's input on ideas of things us parents would like to see offered. Sorry for being so long winded and all the support everyone has given me.
Sincerely, EG

Views: 832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David,

another satisfied customer! HooYah! I'm very thankful for my top tenners. Thanks for supporting the store.

David Perschbacher said:
Number eight is VERY satisfied.
Go NAVY
I beat ya Jim----I'm number 10 !! I sent the link to the store to Eric and he loves the mermaid shirt too! I just got one to send to him.....said it would make a cool tat......................

Jim Gramza said:
Hey Tim! You look great in your new shirt. My first order is on the way to me too now. I ordered the mermaid shirt for my wife to wear. I can't wait!

Tim said:
E.G. I rushed home from work today in hopes that my shirt would be in the mailbox so that I could wear it to my league bowling tonite. Much to my surprise when I opened up the door there was a manilla envelope in there that said NAVY DADS LLC on it and I felt a rush come over me. I couldn't tell you wht else came in the mail today but it didn't take me long to get that manilla envelope torn open and see what was inside of it. I must say that you are right the pictures on the navyoutfitters page does not do them justice. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the speedy turn around on my order and the quality in which the shirt is.I am enclosing a picture of me proudly wearing my shirt for all to see. Thanks again Tim
wow,
didn't realize I was lucky number 7! The shirt looks great and will show up at NAS Pensacola in a couple of weeks. E.G., you are doin' great, keep up the good work.

NavyDads Admin said:
I beat ya Jim----I'm number 10 !! I sent the link to the store to Eric and he loves the mermaid shirt too! I just got one to send to him.....said it would make a cool tat......................

Jim Gramza said:
Hey Tim! You look great in your new shirt. My first order is on the way to me too now. I ordered the mermaid shirt for my wife to wear. I can't wait!

Tim said:
E.G. I rushed home from work today in hopes that my shirt would be in the mailbox so that I could wear it to my league bowling tonite. Much to my surprise when I opened up the door there was a manilla envelope in there that said NAVY DADS LLC on it and I felt a rush come over me. I couldn't tell you wht else came in the mail today but it didn't take me long to get that manilla envelope torn open and see what was inside of it. I must say that you are right the pictures on the navyoutfitters page does not do them justice. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the speedy turn around on my order and the quality in which the shirt is.I am enclosing a picture of me proudly wearing my shirt for all to see. Thanks again Tim
Thanks for the compliment Jim your shirt looks great too. I have already worn my shirt 3 or 4 times since I got it and my wife keeps telling me that I am going to wear it out if I don't stop wearing it. My wife decided right from the start that she wasn't going to get a shirt until the ladies shirt made it onto the site. I have already decided that when it does and she orders I am going to slip the mermaid shirt in the order for me. I had a jard time deciding which shirt to get because I wanted both of them.
Update on the store:

Sorry for the limited sizes the last couple of months. I'm in the process of restocking. Moms shirt is available in all sizes as of yesterday. Navy logo shirt and mermaid shirt will be available Monday. The Navy honor,courage,commitment shirt might be a week later.

With each order from Navyoutfitters.com from now through Sept.9, 2010 enters your name for a chance to win this U.S. Navy Poker Set. Drawing will be held Sept.10, 2010.

Also, each order will receive this USN - Navydads.com sticker. Additional stickers will also be available.

I'm going to try to offer more items in the store this coming year. Sorry it's been slow progress but navydads.com is keeping me busy.

Thanks,
E.G.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments