Navy Dads

Good day to each of you. Glad I've found this site.

My son, Jared, left for RTC on the 30th and arrived safely that evening.

While I can't even to begin how proud of him I am I feel a bit selfish for missing him so much. I'm always wondering what he's doing. This is the first time that his Mom nor I cannot communicate with him. We know he's safe and being taken care of.

Jared is an amazing young man. He was lucky that this is the very first time whereas the Navy is allowing Navy Reserve Recruits to contract for Navy Diver. After Boot camp he will stay in Great lakes for 7 weeks of Navy Diver Prep and then onto Navy Dive A School in Panama city, Fl for about 14 weeks.

Prior to joining Jared was involved with other local members of SPECop recruits for working out, training in the water (YMCA) and being lead by an active duty Chief. Both his mom, step-dad and I were amazed at what shape he was in when he left. He has a clear goal and I know him, he'll achive it.

So, I bet each one of you know the feeling of wondering what your child is doing "right now". I'm glad I've found this site.

Thanks and let me know if your child is in Jared's ship and/or Div.

Tom

Views: 1978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great to hear everyone getting that first call!

I'm hearing about a 2 week delay before class-up of BUD/S Prep.  In the interim, they guys will be working at the RTC as needed.  They should have more freedom to get out-and-about and run/workout.  My son said he's doing pullups and push-ups in the barracks to augment Dive-Mo workouts because he's concerned about getting out of shape.  Of course, NSW candidates definition of out of shape is very different from the average person :)  Our guys will likely start full-fledged BUD/S in January after the holidays.

Hey Bill, thanks for the feedback, the interims are the lulls that would normally concern me but as they're all part of a group with the same goal, I'm sure they're are approaching training in similar fashion and keeping in shape the best way they can. Buds in January makes sense. I've also heard of buds groups who are in training who get leave at Christmas and return to training. My sons seal mentor was one example.
Bottom line dive mo and additional time for physical training is positive for BUDS prep.
Hi L and welcome. My son also was a Wrestler. What an awesome sport on so many different levels. Kind of helps set them up for the next step and is a great foundation for teamwork which of course is most important in the place they are right now.

Just received another letter from my son. All is going great. Seems that there is a nasty breakout of Pink Eye in the division. I never had it so I really don't know to much about sans he told me one morning he woke with a lot of crust in his eye. He got a day of bed rest and he didn't miss anything because it was on a Sunday.
Hope all your sailors are doing well and here we go, just four weeks left.

hey guys both my sons wrestled in high school and college as tom said it is a great sport . i miss all the noisy tournaments. i am looking forward to graduation i was at great lakes in 1977 i am sure its changed good luck to all best regards  ray

Hi there Ray. I also was in great lakes March '77. Followed by RM A school.
Anybody have any new news? It's been a quite couple of weeks. I did get a letter from youngblood and it was a helluva letter. Three more Fridays.
What DOT are they in ?
Anybody stay at the Navy Lodge?

As far as phone calls, the last one was August 21st.  Have you guys gotten any more recently?  My son said the Division is not as generous as others when it comes to phone privileges. In his most recent letter, he did mention a lot of the guys were sick, including him.  He said he pulled three consecutive fire watches resulting in 2 hours sleep for three nights in a row.  That, combined with his illness, landed him in bed rest for one day. We're hoping to get an update this week.

Greetings Gents.  Did any of you get a call this past weekend?  Just curious because we didn't get a call.  His last call to us was on August 21st--thanks much!

Copy--thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if he'd forgotten about us :) Sounds like the Division is pretty tight on allowing calls--probably a good thing--keeps them focused on the task-at-hand.

820 pictures posted tomorrow on FB

let's hope they don't violate OPSEC/PERSEC guidelines by posting SEAL photos.....THAT is a no-no

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments