Navy Dads

I am preparing for TC 2013.

My friend wanted to go along but it seems he is unable to due to item F on the official application. "Blood thinners"

Does anyone have an opinion if there is a way to appeal this with a well written doctors note? My friend is 57 and most likely in better shape than I.

Comments?

Jim

 

Views: 3075

Replies to This Discussion

I am booked as one way flights are hard to find. Found a decent hotel @ $152 and able to be cancelled.

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
Property Address: 3253 N Nimitz Highway,   Honolulu, Oahu,   HI,   US,   96819
Property Phone: (808) 836-3636

 

My son has told me when to be there for the cruise, but has not sent me any paperwork to fill out. I downloaded the forms from here and emailed them, but how do I know if I will be able to board the ship when it's time? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am looking for another tiger to split a hotel room while waiting for the Stennis to arrive. Any interest out there and also what hotels are Good for under $100 a night if possible?

I cannot figure out where Phil Jones post is located but feel strongly a response is required.

 

Phil tell your friend the following.

The Tiger Cruise participants pay their own way, that is we pay for our meals and whatever goodies the ship puts together. When we go aboard the ship has already been relieved and is in transit to its home port, for repairs and in port training and LEAVE!!!. So if a world wide emergency should occur I suspect another carrier would be called upon to respond.

The Tiger Cruise is a great morale booster for the parents and families to see their sons and daughters at work.

If you want to see large old men tear up, watch your kid man the rails in 30 degree weather doing 10 Knotts.

 

 


Well said Jeff.

 


Jim Beck said:

I cannot figure out where Phil Jones post is located but feel strongly a response is required.

 

Phil tell your friend the following.

The Tiger Cruise participants pay their own way, that is we pay for our meals and whatever goodies the ship puts together. When we go aboard the ship has already been relieved and is in transit to its home port, for repairs and in port training and LEAVE!!!. So if a world wide emergency should occur I suspect another carrier would be called upon to respond.

The Tiger Cruise is a great morale booster for the parents and families to see their sons and daughters at work.

If you want to see large old men tear up, watch your kid man the rails in 30 degree weather doing 10 Knotts.

 

 

If I may add some pennies to the discussion.

Phil's friend,

Tiger Cruise is an outstanding time for our Sailors to showcase the jobs that they do at sea. The tax monies spent in getting the ship home have already been spent. It is up to the tigers to meet the ship and pay for their passage to the home port or port of debarking. I have taken two of my sons on Tiger Cruises. One of whom, is presently onboard Stennis. The tigers may see the Navy as a potential career as has happened in the case of my son.

Perhaps you've been thinking of Sep 11, 2001. The USS Constellation was enroute from Pearl Harbor to San Diego with Tigers onboard. Connie and her battle group were brought home. My ship at the time, USS McClusky, worked with another carrier battle group while this happened.

Perchance, there will be a family day cruise, and you might be able to accompany Phil and his daughter. Then you will see the marvelous jobs performed by Ship's Company and Airwing. In the mean time, I'll wait for the word to passed, "Now onboard Stennis! Over all lines!"

Very respectfully,

Jared Hyde

Old Salt



Michael Kropp said:


Well said Jeff.

 


Jim Beck said:

I cannot figure out where Phil Jones post is located but feel strongly a response is required.

 

Phil tell your friend the following.

The Tiger Cruise participants pay their own way, that is we pay for our meals and whatever goodies the ship puts together. When we go aboard the ship has already been relieved and is in transit to its home port, for repairs and in port training and LEAVE!!!. So if a world wide emergency should occur I suspect another carrier would be called upon to respond.

The Tiger Cruise is a great morale booster for the parents and families to see their sons and daughters at work.

If you want to see large old men tear up, watch your kid man the rails in 30 degree weather doing 10 Knotts.

 

 

Hi, The least expensive place to stay in Oahu is the Waikiki beach Hostel.  I'm going to take the bus to where ever I want to go.  The hostel is only about $40/ night and It's in a great location. I'm going to be staying there for about 2 weeks.  I hope that there is transportation, when we arrive in San Diego - North Island.  If not there is a bus that goes from the main gate into town.

BarryE

Jared Hyde said:

If I may add some pennies to the discussion.

Phil's friend,

Tiger Cruise is an outstanding time for our Sailors to showcase the jobs that they do at sea. The tax monies spent in getting the ship home have already been spent. It is up to the tigers to meet the ship and pay for their passage to the home port or port of debarking. I have taken two of my sons on Tiger Cruises. One of whom, is presently onboard Stennis. The tigers may see the Navy as a potential career as has happened in the case of my son.

Perhaps you've been thinking of Sep 11, 2001. The USS Constellation was enroute from Pearl Harbor to San Diego with Tigers onboard. Connie and her battle group were brought home. My ship at the time, USS McClusky, worked with another carrier battle group while this happened.

Perchance, there will be a family day cruise, and you might be able to accompany Phil and his daughter. Then you will see the marvelous jobs performed by Ship's Company and Airwing. In the mean time, I'll wait for the word to passed, "Now onboard Stennis! Over all lines!"

Very respectfully,

Jared Hyde

Old Salt



Michael Kropp said:


Well said Jeff.

 


Jim Beck said:

I cannot figure out where Phil Jones post is located but feel strongly a response is required.

 

Phil tell your friend the following.

The Tiger Cruise participants pay their own way, that is we pay for our meals and whatever goodies the ship puts together. When we go aboard the ship has already been relieved and is in transit to its home port, for repairs and in port training and LEAVE!!!. So if a world wide emergency should occur I suspect another carrier would be called upon to respond.

The Tiger Cruise is a great morale booster for the parents and families to see their sons and daughters at work.

If you want to see large old men tear up, watch your kid man the rails in 30 degree weather doing 10 Knotts.

 

 

Might anyone have an idea what time we dock in the continental US? AM, PM, late PM?

Getting ready to book a homeward bound flight.

Seems I saw something somewhere about not booking any flights before 1800 PDT. 

Wow. I may just book a flight on my sons phone when we pull into port.

Thanks,

BigJim

Car rental question.

I am in Hawaii on Sunday AM and am hoping to meet up with my son to tour the AZ memorial and have some dinner. My hotel is about three miles from the main gate. I have not booked a car due to perceived time waste. Planned on getting a cab for our travels. Will they allow me and my ID in a cab onto base to the pier?

Cost is not an issue.

Comments?

Bump for the AM folks.

Jim Beck said:

Car rental question.

I am in Hawaii on Sunday AM and am hoping to meet up with my son to tour the AZ memorial and have some dinner. My hotel is about three miles from the main gate. I have not booked a car due to perceived time waste. Planned on getting a cab for our travels. Will they allow me and my ID in a cab onto base to the pier?

Cost is not an issue.

Comments?

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

SUPPORTERS

Google-Based NavyDads Search


  only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Introducing Myself

Posted by John Lillyblad on March 18, 2020 at 4:38pm 5 Comments

Mail problems

Posted by Fernando Bolano on March 17, 2020 at 2:36pm 3 Comments

SHIP 06 DIV 100

Posted by Chris Koning on February 9, 2020 at 3:54pm 0 Comments

Ship 10 Div 114

Posted by Mike Cunningham on February 3, 2020 at 2:15pm 1 Comment

Day ONE

Posted by Mike Cunningham on January 15, 2020 at 1:23pm 2 Comments

© 2020   Created by E.G. - ND's Creator/Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service