Navy Dads

Hello,

My son is due to graduate BC on 10/15 and off to Pensacola on 10/17.  We'd like to fly down to see him first weekend in November.  Does anyone know if visitation is allowed?  Will he get liberty?  If we can't go now will he be able to come home for Thanksgiving?

Thanks

Views: 1362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

think I would wait for him to get to base before making plans--- with Covid and bases having different policies he may not be allowed to have visitors or to leave base until he phases up.....

Thanks, any idea how Thanksgiving and Christmas work?  You think he can come home for both?

NavyDads Admin (Paul) said:

think I would wait for him to get to base before making plans--- with Covid and bases having different policies he may not be allowed to have visitors or to leave base until he phases up.....

Most schools shut down for Xmas......but who knows these days

On Sept 2nd I asked my cousin(he’s a Chief) and he made a phone call to a friend stationed at Pensacola. At that time there was no liberty but he expected it to change shortly. When new sailors first arrive they are only allowed on base liberty. They have phases. I can’t remember them but if you google it you can find it. The next hurdle for me was I’m going to just go and visit him on base,so I asked about doing that. Well he said if your a veteran and have a veteran ID you can get on base. With that being said I wouldn’t bank on anything during covid. My son was supposed to graduate today. He had to go thru a second ROM. When he got done with that there was not a division(with room?) doing the training day he left from so he had to retrain a week. He is scheduled to graduate on October 23rd. I plan to go down the following week,but before I go I will call my cousin and ask again before making the road trip. After I found out about the veteran ID I went ahead and got it.

Thanks a lot for the info and congrats to your son.  I am not a veteran so i wont be able to get the id of course.  I think we would still go even if we can only see him on base.  Then again if we know he can come home for Thanksgiving maybe we go when we know he can get liberty.  

Jeff, I will try to remember to get on here and let you know more details at the end of October. Either way I will at least make a phone call for you later in the month. You might just make a comment on this discussion and I will get an Email,to remind me. We are gonna go the last week of October unless things change. He did tell us he might not get an immediate flight out of there now. No more commercial flights. 

Thanks again, I appreciate all the help.   My son said the same thing on the flight.  Military transport from Great Lakes to Pensacola, then two weeks quarantine once he gets there.  We should here more by the end of next week.  He graduates on 10/15 and hopefully gets his phone back shortly after that. 

Hi,

Are you still going down there?  My son graduated on 10/15 but is still in Great Lakes.  They have not given his group their orders yet.

Thanks

Estell Tabor said:

Jeff, I will try to remember to get on here and let you know more details at the end of October. Either way I will at least make a phone call for you later in the month. You might just make a comment on this discussion and I will get an Email,to remind me. We are gonna go the last week of October unless things change. He did tell us he might not get an immediate flight out of there now. No more commercial flights. 

Well I just got the I’m a sailor call yesterday evening. I hate hearing the news that your son is still there. My wife and I went ahead and booked rooms for next weekend. I booked a room at the Navy Lodge for the 1st&2nd of November. We could not book in October. Based on that I’m thinking we can get on base. Of course if my son doesn’t get a flight out of there we will cancel and try to reschedule a trip. Where is your son? Is he still at RTC? Has he got his phone back? I’ll text my cousin and see if you can get on base.

He said they are not allowing visitors on base, but they are giving students off base liberty on weekends until 1800.

My son is living in a drill hall.  They left where they were staying for bootcamp but there is no room in THU.  He did get his phone last night and can only use it in the afternoon.  He said there are hundreds of guys waiting to fly to Pensacola.  So no base access but we can see him on Sat / Sun until 1800?

I was told that students are getting off base liberty on the weekends until 1800. Seems kinda crazy to me to keep getting new recruits in and then not shipping them out. They can only do that so long,their gonna run out of room.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments