Navy Dads

has anybody heard when Division 409 goes through battlestations?

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greg they usually do battlestations the week before graduation. It depends on how many divisions are graduating that Friday. They rotate them one after another through battlestations until they are all finished. It just depends on if his division is first or last to go. He will get to call home the morning after he passes battlestations. He will sound worn out.
Battlestations is typically week seven of bootcamp with PIR being at the end of week eight. It's typically 12 hours long and is test of everything they have learned at BC.
I am a little confused. He is scheduled to PIR on the 24 Oct 08. Considering that this is the 18th and we haven't heard from him yet... (Insert confused here).

I thought that they did battlestations the week before PIR. That means (or I thought it should mean) that we would get the call today....

I will fly out on the 23… to watch him in PIR... it looks like I will get the call in route? (Insert doubly confused here).

If I am confused and a little concerned - guess how his mom in doing?

(he is div 409)
I'm not sure what to tell you Greg. Unless you hear something drastic I'm sure PIR will occur as scheduled- the old "no news is good news" thing...........let's hope you get that call tomorrow! Look forward to PIR as that is a great experience (check out PIR-tips and hints) for some things I learned and a couple of great tips form JohnM too.............Paul
We left for the Great Lakes training station without having received the phone call that he had passed Battle Stations. When we landed at O’Hare and I turned on my phone there was the message. Sometime you have to just live on faith.

I just returned from Great Lakes. I had the privilege of watching 1005 young sailors graduate. I must admit it was a very amazing. Every parent of those young men and women should be exceedingly proud.

My son left home without any real direction and when I saw him after PIR, I met one of the finest young men I have ever had the privilege of meeting. We had a few days to get reacquainted with each other. It was a great time.

He heads off for A school this week. We are hoping that will let us have a little more contact with him.

First Picture is Division 409 at PIR. The second is my oldest and youngest at dinner on our last day before we had to head back home.
Attachments:
hi greg i to was at PIR on 10/24/08 man what a great thing to see such a great event. my son to was wondering what in the world he would do with his life. we talked about the military for many days he checked into every one of the branches of the military. he believed the navy was for him and so far he says he made a wise decision. my son was the honor recruit for division 406 and was the yoman for his division. when we saw him at graduation we could not believe the change in him. it makes you so proud that you almost bust doesn't it. he now is in pensicola florida, and we hear from him nearly every night. he says it's more relaxed and it's a lot like being in college. he love's it. he says he will be able to spend christmas with us for a few days. but wanted us to know he wanted to get back early, because he's so happy. so chin up your sailor is going to be just fine. congradulations on a job well done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments