Navy Dads

If any other 292 dad is out there I'd enjoy hearing from you.  Monday starts Phase one.  Good luck to everyone and...All ahead full!!

Views: 5792

Replies to This Discussion

I have said before that you can only do one evelotion at a time. No need to worry about the next one till you finish the you are doing now. Why worry about a evelotion you may not get to try.

HooYah Class 292

Once someone with Military ID gets you on Base and checked into the Gateway they will give you ID car to drive on and off Base. I think 2200 is the latest to can get on Base with Gateway pass but will Pass from North Island ( your son is needed to get it) it is 27/7. We came in from the casnio at 0300 one night.

Lori -my son was in 291 until a few days into Hw when he broke a bone & is now medically rolled to a future class. When 291 started phase 1, they only took 175  of the guys who passed all standards at the best times. There were many who also passed their standards but didnt make it to the top 175. Those guys were rolled, conditioned over the next 7 weeks & joined class 292 to get one more shot. The guys who didnt make the standard minimum performance times were dropped. Those that are dropped wait for an assignment or new job. It is undetermined what or how long that takes.

As for a vacation...San Diego and Coronado are perfect destinations this time of year & it is doubtful he would have been relocated by next Wednesday. But thats not to say he wont need to do some other duties. Have a really nice time

Flyboy907, please do not post numbers of how many did whatever on any public sites. It is against OPSEC Rules and the instructors do have access to all the public sites. I know for fact the guy will hear about numbers, location and dates of moving and the guys will pay for it. Please us PM for that info. OPSEC rules are there for a purpose. You may need to read OPSEC again so you are know what can and can not be posted. This is very important in the Special Ops Community.

Thanks for you help on this and HooYah to Class 292.

It's been awfully quiet for us 292 dads - so let me ask a question.  Any Christmas gift ideas you don't mind sharing?  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my son this year.

I gave my GS a Dremel Tool kit between Phase I and II. He used it all the time cleaning his equipment at night for the next day. The last night we were there visiting he spent one and a half hour clean and said it cut the cleaning time in half. When he came home for Christmas break he raided my kit to replenish his.

Grandpa, can you recall which particular dremel tool set you gave him that worked out so well?

I went to Home Depot and they had a kit with the tool, all kind accessories and a case to store everything. Probably any home improvement store will have it.

Another thought regarding Christmas gifts: My son recently asked for his DVD collection. He has a compact soft case that holds about 100. I guess they can watch them on weekends. Either DVDs or a compact case might be a decent gift idea.

Grandpa - great idea!  I like the practical, but never thought of gifts.  Now that the guys have a little more equipment to take care of - this makes a lot of sense.  RyeJim thanks for the suggestion - I hope my son does not ask for his DVD collection, that would mean I would have to go buy my own.  Hope you both have a blessed Christmas!

Boss:  Here's another Christmas idea I think I'll also be going with.  --A Leatherman tool.  I'm not sure which model is most practical.  Perhaps someone else might have a suggestion.  I understand the "Black Wave" is popular with a number of Special Forces.

SOG also makes some killer tools: http://sogknives.com/store/B67.html

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments