Navy Dads

I stayed all morning and most of this afternoon by my sons side, waiting for his "swearing in". I didn't mind the long wait because I knew that I wouldn't be seeing him for at least 2 months. I am so proud of him for making this choice. He shows that he wants to become a sailor so badly. My wife is a mess, but I am trying to comfort her with the motivation that I get with navydads.com. I can't wait to see what kind of man he is going to become. Sail away my son, sail away.................

Views: 350

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today was my day. What a day...............
Hey guys...there is strength in numbers, and we've all been down this road....some of us more than once!! Hang in there...it goes faster than you think!
The emotional roller-coaster is starting to stabilize now. As the first week is coming to a close, I find that I'm less anxious in that I realize that my son is surely more adjusted to the new environment and more than likely making new friends and getting to know his "shipmates". Yesterday, I got his contact information from the recruiter and shot a letter off to him right away. I also posted on his Facebook page his contact information so his friends could correspond to him. My ex-wife got "The Box" yesterday and she said it was somewhat emotional opening it up and seeing all of his personal belongings.

Hope things are going well for you Eddie. Lots of folks in the same boat here. Perhaps we'll see each other at PIR. It will be here before we know it!
It is getting a little more easier. I'm still waiting for his box and for his address. I'm sure I will get it in no time. I will definetly be ready for PIR. It would be great to meet you. I will stay in touch once I find out what ship my son is in.

Gary Jensen said:
The emotional roller-coaster is starting to stabilize now. As the first week is coming to a close, I find that I'm less anxious in that I realize that my son is surely more adjusted to the new environment and more than likely making new friends and getting to know his "shipmates". Yesterday, I got his contact information from the recruiter and shot a letter off to him right away. I also posted on his Facebook page his contact information so his friends could correspond to him. My ex-wife got "The Box" yesterday and she said it was somewhat emotional opening it up and seeing all of his personal belongings.

Hope things are going well for you Eddie. Lots of folks in the same boat here. Perhaps we'll see each other at PIR. It will be here before we know it!
My son is in "Ship 13" and Div 058. Best wishes to your family. It would be great to meet you at PIR. I believe their graduation date is scheduled for Jan. 15th.

Eddie Gamboa said:
It is getting a little more easier. I'm still waiting for his box and for his address. I'm sure I will get it in no time. I will definetly be ready for PIR. It would be great to meet you. I will stay in touch once I find out what ship my son is in.

Gary Jensen said:

I'm excited. Although I got the box, I haven't got the address. The recruiter told me that he could get it for me tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll give you an update.
Gary Jensen said:
My son is in "Ship 13" and Div 058. Best wishes to your family. It would be great to meet you at PIR. I believe their graduation date is scheduled for Jan. 15th.

Eddie Gamboa said:

Gary Jensen said:

I am happy to say that my son on the same ship! Unbelievable! What a small world. Hope I get to meet you at graduation.

Gary Jensen said:

Eddie Gamboa said:

Gary Jensen said:

Hey..very cool! It is a small world. I'll have to mention that to my son next time I write. I haven't heard directly from him yet by mail, but I know it takes some time.

Eddie Gamboa said:
I am happy to say that my son on the same ship! Unbelievable! What a small world. Hope I get to meet you at graduation.

Gary Jensen said:

Eddie Gamboa said:

Gary Jensen said:

Hi Guys, got our box this week. Ship #4, Div 804. Proud as ever and can't wait to go to graduation. Have a nice holiday.
Hey Eddie, I am a Navy Mom from the Navy For Moms website & I too had a hard time after my son left, please encourage your wife to go on there & join, the site has been a lifesaver for me !!! The ladies on there are absolutely wonderful & will help her through this difficult time! Good luck to your son, Lisa
Hi my son is on your son's Division the PIR Friday!!

DVT said:
Hi Guys, got our box this week. Ship #4, Div 804. Proud as ever and can't wait to go to graduation. Have a nice holiday.
I feel your pain. I remember the day my son left about 5 years ago! The next time we saw him he was a different man!He deployed yesterday aboard the USS Nassau for the third time in 5 years and it was the first time we weren't there to see him off. Been a sad day around our house!

I am sure your son will make you proud. Be sure and thank him for his service from all us old NavyDads!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments