Navy Dads

My son shipped out to Great Lakes yesterday.  We didn't get the "I got here" call last night.  We didn't get the call today either.  I work from home so I know we didn't miss the call.

Has anyone else had this happen?  Any ideas what might cause this?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it happens....if he wasn't where he was supposed to be you would be notified....bad phone connections, etc.  The call is all of about 15 seconds and pretty well scripted......you'll get the "sailor in a box" and a form letter soon and then nothing for about 3 weeks. Get used to it....no news is good news int he Military!!  check out these videos:  http://www.navydads.com/forum/topics/return-to-bootcamp

What Paul said is very true, no news is good news.  If something bad would have happened, god forbid, you would have gotten a call.  It's tough not knowing all the details but this time will pass, probably faster than you'll realize.

the most important thing ya'll can learn is that No News is Good News.  I know you want to keep a vigil on your sailors, but you'll have to learn that is pretty tough to do.  After RTC comes A-school and then for most on to the fleet.  Cruises are 7 months long and contact other than email or snail mail on cruise is rare....think I spoke with my son during his cruise exactly once (Christmas morning call from Dubai) and not at all with my daughter during her cruise. Email can even be a rare thing depending on security and bandwidth available on ships or satellite link.....when Karzai visited the Roosevelt e-mail was locked down for a few weeks so as not to present a security leak.....

Having a son or daughter in the Navy is a new world for many....NavyDads will help you through that journey............

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

Click the logo to join us on Facebook!

SUPPORTERS

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Blog Posts

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments

my dad skII Wolfcale

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

Off to A School

Posted by Michael J Conway on November 13, 2022 at 9:55pm 1 Comment

Son leaves for San Diego