Navy Dads

Got the info this morning via the RTC site....The countdown begins..  Divisons 077-088, 804,805,912  Each recruit will be allowed 3 guests due to the number of divisions.  That is a policy that they will make NO exceptions on.  Be prepared...this affects our family as we are divorced parents that have re-married so 1 of us has to sit out.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for PIR spend time in the PIR group.....tons of posts and useful info there: http://www.navydads.com/group/pirtipshintsandhelps

Our SR arrived in GL on 10-Dec, and we received the "i'm here" call that evening.  His form letter came in the mail today ... pulled into the previous week's division ... PIR on 01-Feb-2013

3-guest rule ... ;-( ... His guests included mom, me, and younger sis.  Unfortunately, 3 older brothers and 1 younger brother will have to wait in the wings, but we knew the line was gonna have to be drawn somewhere.

Now, the planning begins ... ;-)

We have the same issue.  Our SR has Mom, me and his two brothers.  Since his mom and I had our own PIR all those many years ago, I'll let Mom and the boys go to the drill hall.  He will have more relatives waiting to see him at the hotel, as well, so I'll wait with them.  Our SR is in Ship 2, Division 912.

My son is on ship 14 div 078. His form letter said ship 12 div 078 but return address was ship 14 div 078. I used tge return address,

R. D. May said:

Anyone with a wife, daughter or fiance`  Ship 14  DIV 077?   My form letter stated Ship 12  DIV  077 however, the return address indicated Ship14 as did her recruiter.  I am mailing to Ship 14 and sincerely hope that is the correct place.  Share any thoughts.  I have read they will eventually get to her but I don't like the thoughts of her not receiving mail at the earliest opportunity.   She may not pound on the recruiter if he provided bad info..... but I am not quite so forgiving at this stage of the game.   

A little late to the party, but yes, here I am.  My SR, future CTI son is slated for 01Feb PIR.  No mail to my house as of yet, but he has nonetheless managed to give me a few anxiety attacks, when I received incoming calls from US Govt in area code 847.  All is OK, they were calls requesting documentation and/or info for his background check. 

He is likewise in DIV 912.  And yes, we also have the situation with Mom, Stepdad, me, and possibly maternal grandparents wanting to attend.  The Ex-father-in-law and I are both retired USAF, and under old rules would have been no problem, but now two will be on standby, if all travel. 

Nobody said it's supposed to be easy . . . ,  I've told him to make whatever decision he feels he needs to with regard to his final guest list.  I can always teach his stepdad how to use my SLR camera. 

Bottom line, this is one of those decisions our SR's will have to make on their own.  Just my opinion, but I feel they are under enough stress and pressure, without trying to sway them one way or another.

My son called and said he is now in the FAST program.  So he'll now be in another division, with his PIR delayed by probably 2 weeks.  At first I was a little bummed out, but then I got over myself and realized that it'll help him, and he will PIR, regardless of the date.  Ironically, I just got his form letter TODAY!   :)

Brian;

Sorry about the change, but congrats to you for coming to the realization that in the long run, it's for your son's best in his career, no matter whether he stays Navy or goes another route after this enlistment. 

As a former Senior NCO, and later college educator/administrator, it was astounding the changes I would see in young women and men when just a bit of dedicated remedial training would boost their abilities, no matter if it was language or math.  Their self-confidence and entire outlook invariably changed for the positive. 

All the best to you and your son, and I hope you will keep us here informed as he makes these giant strides! [After all, you were early in the discussion, so we have a vested interest in you and yours.]  

I have a similar issue. My son wants Me and his mom and his GF to attend. His sister and lil brother want to go as well. Will they have to wait at hotel or is there somewhere outside drill hall they can wait?

David, per a discussion I had with the Public Affairs Office, there really is nowhere for them to wait at the Training Center.  I am not even certain those with a valid military ID can gain access to the RTC to go to the NEX Recruit Store, and it doesn't open until later in the morning anyway, if I recall correctly [IIRC]  Depending on ages, I would suggest the hotel, if one is old enough to watch out for the other.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments