Navy Dads

anyone else here going at this time

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have our reservations (air, hotel, car) for the 10/14/11 PIR. Flying into Milwaukee, and staying at the Springhill Suites, Waukegan/Gurnee. Got a reasonable deal on-line, with car reservation & hotel.

Looking forward to attending - Major Milestone for our family.

My son in Ship 03, Div 348. We haven't had a letter home from him in the past three weeks. I just keep hoping and praying for him that the old cliche — no news is good news — holds true. My wife and I are planning to drive to Great Lakes. It's our first time in Chicago, so we're planning on staying a few extra days to do some sight seeing as well. It's just hard making too many plans because we haven't heard from our son where he's going after graduation, how much liberty he'll get - whether it'll just be some time Friday or if he'll have any time Saturday and/or Sunday. We're also still trying to decide on the best place to stay.

I noticed that parking passes are available on the Boot Camp website for the 10/14/11 PIR.  We haven't received the necessary password yet that is needed to access those.  Hopefully we will get something this week.  As of his last letter (a week ago), our son didn't yet know the details of any liberty for that weekend, or relocating to pre-BUDs. The only "scheduled" event is PIR, assuming that he is cleared to participate in that.

the password was on the form letter you received shortly after he arrived at Great Lakes.....

Got it, and got the gate pass. Looking forward to 10/14.

Thanks -

R.

NavyDads Admin (Paul) said:

the password was on the form letter you received shortly after he arrived at Great Lakes.....

Posted by J Gavin:

Out of heartbreak and desperateness, I find myself begging the NavyDads community for help. Due to unforseen circumstances, we were not able to purchase the video of my sailor's PIR on Oct. 14th, and they have now run out.

I understand this is a lot to ask of anyone - I guess I'm hoping there's a family kind enough to go out of their way to help another family and pull off a small miracle.

Is there someone, somewhere, willing to make an extra copy of their sailor's OCT.14th PIR video? I would ABSOLUTELY pay for the cost of the video, shipping, and whatever fees needed to convert it onto another DVD. I live in Central Jersey, and would be more than happy to drive out to the surroundng areas (NY, PA, even CT) to pick it up if that's an easier option for you.

I love my sailor, and his family. I'd do whatever I can to make this possible for them. It's more than just a video - it doccuments the greatest achievement of my sailor's life. That's worth doing something this difficult.

If you can help in any way, please message me! We can work out the details privately!

Best wishes to you and your family this holiday season!

Thanks for all the support this site has offered over the past few months!

We were at the 10/14 PIR for our son Surf - Div. 820.  He had ordered the DVD  with his pictures, but we have not yet received the DVD or the Cruise Book.

I'll be happy to make you a copy & get it to you as soon as we receive it.  Let me know where to send it.

HooYah to all 10/14 Sailors!!

NavyDads Admin (Paul) said:

Posted by J Gavin:

Out of heartbreak and desperateness, I find myself begging the NavyDads community for help. Due to unforseen circumstances, we were not able to purchase the video of my sailor's PIR on Oct. 14th, and they have now run out.

I understand this is a lot to ask of anyone - I guess I'm hoping there's a family kind enough to go out of their way to help another family and pull off a small miracle.

Is there someone, somewhere, willing to make an extra copy of their sailor's OCT.14th PIR video? I would ABSOLUTELY pay for the cost of the video, shipping, and whatever fees needed to convert it onto another DVD. I live in Central Jersey, and would be more than happy to drive out to the surroundng areas (NY, PA, even CT) to pick it up if that's an easier option for you.

I love my sailor, and his family. I'd do whatever I can to make this possible for them. It's more than just a video - it doccuments the greatest achievement of my sailor's life. That's worth doing something this difficult.

If you can help in any way, please message me! We can work out the details privately!

Best wishes to you and your family this holiday season!

Thanks for all the support this site has offered over the past few months!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments