Navy Dads

This discussion area is for all those who have SR's currently at RTC with an anticipated PIR of 10/18/2013.

Please feel free to share any questions, comments, concerns as we all share the experience of supporting our recruits through the process of becoming part of the Global Force for Good...the U.S. Navy.

Rob

Views: 1822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is AWESOME Chris! Can't wait. Wife and I were commenting all day on how our SR is doing and what his reactions may have been today on the first receipt of our letters. I'm quite excited about graduation and thinking about the suit shopping I'm going to have to do this week. Or should I wait until next week when I lose 5 pounds....right.....

my sr is on boat 12.. the triton.. no letters or phone calls yet... no news is good news right... where are you guys going to stay for pir?

Our son Anthony is ship 12 Div 397.... no letters yet..except form letter.  Very excited to get that first letter or call, but nothing sooner.  No news is good news

Our son Ian is ship 12 Div 398.  Ditto on the no letters or call.  Looking forward to "BRAVO ZULU" for all our Sailors come 10/18!

Hello all,

my son is in Div 389 (ship 14).  He arrived at GL on 8/13 and we received a call this past Saturday (made my weekend).  He said they were able to receive mail as of Friday (8/30) and will be able to send mail this weekend.  Hopefully everyone in the latter divisions in this training group will get a call / letter soon.  He said that they were just starting "week 1" this past Thursday.  He is in the first division in the training group so his div has been in processing a little longer...

So excited for PIR 10/18/2013 . Got our first call from our SR Saturday morning. So happy to hear his voice .not easy to hear him sounding home sick but I know he will be fine.he is in division 390 ship 14. Can't wait to meet the family's from his and other division.

It's been a little over 30 years since I went to basic. I've tried really hard to remember all the emotions I went through when trying to imagine what my son must be feeling. I could hear a hint of intimidation in his voice during that "I'm here" call. While I felt for him, I was also glad to hear it. It means he is getting it, and that's a good thing. I am excited and can't wait to see the end result on 18 October.

Our Son, Sean, is in Div 398 Ship 12.  We are also anxiously awaiting our first piece of mail from him other than the form letter.  We already have our reservations at the Navy Lodge for PIR 10/18/2013.  We are planning to go to Sarge's event on 10/17.  Is there anyone else here planning to attend?  We look forward to meeting everyone as we come together to celebrate the completion of the first step of our sailors' exciting futures.  GO NAVY!!!

We are also staying at the Lodge. Sarge's will be dependent upon traffic between ORD and Great Lakes. I forced my wife to miss one of her college classes just to give us the chance to get there. Don't tell her that though, she thinks that is the only flight. Once she realizes what a great time Sarge's will be, I'm sure she will forgive me...pretty sure.

GO ARMY beat NAVY...uh...oh yeah..GO NAVY BEAT  ARMY...or TIE maybe (heck, a tie would be the best Army has done in awhile)

Made reservations today for PIR.  Staying at Holiday Inn Express, Waukegan.  Making flight reservations soon.  Probably fly into O'Hare because of greater number of flights to choose from.  I would preferred avoiding Chicago, it will be worth it.  Would like to get in early enough to go to "Sarges" meet and greet the evening before PIR.

Milwaukee is the place to fly into..........easy airport, easy drive

Dave,

I have to agree completely with Paul.  I travel that route alot and travel around o'hare can be brutal.  Unfortunatly last time I was up there, alot of construction was taking place on the highway between Milwaukee and Chicago, slowed me down alot.  Since I have to go to Milwaukee next tuesday, I will update the construction info  We are also staying at the HIE in Waukegan, found it to be both close to PIR and Sarges meet and greet.  I look forward to meeting everyone there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments