Navy Dads

PIR 30 December, 2009 "Navy Boot Camp Graduation"

It appears that there will be lots of us at Great Lakes on this date, God willing. I've read lots and lots of great tips for the graduation from this site and Navy4Moms... Maybe we can keep each other advised as we move forward. My son, David is in Ship 09, Div 038. I understand that PT starts today and swim test is tomorrow. God bless them all.
Mark

Views: 626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank for the information Mark. My son Jean Pierre is in Ship 09, Div 029.
I have planing driving from Tampa to Chicago for the PIR.
God Bless you and God Bless all.
John,
Nice to meet you too. Interesting that strangers a few days ago can suddenly have so much in common. I also got a call from our son yesterday needing additional information. It absolutely made my day. Having David suddenly gone from our routine proved to be considerably more difficult than we anticipated but hearing his voice and getting to ask him some questions helped a lot. My schedule permitting, I'll try to post some of the tips that I've read in the past couple of weeks that may help us as we start making plans for the graduation. Still quite a ways off but I like to plan. We'll have Casey and Jean Pierre and all the new recruits in our prayers. All the best my friend,
Mark

JOHN SOLOMON said:
Mark, nice to meet you. My name is john, my son Casey is also in Ship 9 , div 038. Im new to this site but will now check it daily for any info. I was lucky enough to receive a call today from Casey due to the Navy needing additional info. was only a 3 minute call telling me what he needed, but it was nice to hear his voice. We did get the date for their graduation.. 12-30-09. If I hear anything I will post it.
John,
I had the good fortune to talk to my son David again today.He was needing more information for his clearance again and after we rushed through the questions that he needed answers for, I got to ask him quite a few questions. Remember that your son Casey and David are in the same ship and division- I told him that I had spoken to a Dad with a son in the same unit and was eagerly curious as to who it was but I just couldn't recall your son's name in that moment... but he said that everyone was doing real well and everyone was adjusting to their new routines. He told me that the swim test was on Tuesday and that their RDCs were by far the best ones in camp. HUGE difference in him since Monday when he was a little emotional. I'm hoping that you'll find some solace in my son's adjustment - as I suspect that they're all following the same pattern. All the best-
Mark

JOHN SOLOMON said:
Mark, nice to meet you. My name is john, my son Casey is also in Ship 9 , div 038. Im new to this site but will now check it daily for any info. I was lucky enough to receive a call today from Casey due to the Navy needing additional info. was only a 3 minute call telling me what he needed, but it was nice to hear his voice. We did get the date for their graduation.. 12-30-09. If I hear anything I will post it.
For the 30Dec PIR group. The letters should start hitting the homefront any day now depending on your location. We received our first one today (12NOV) here in Mississippi. That would put it at a little over two week point since arriving there. We received a little bit of info for 5 of 7 days from some of their in processing in to moving into her ship. Ship 9 Div 33 is a male/female group (separate sleeping quarters of course). She is maintaining a possitive spirit, enjoying the food, Has started the night watches (don't miss those), They are looking forward to getting the New Blue Digital Cammie's (replaced the old dungaree uniforms about a year ago) when they get back from having their names sewn on. The ironic part is that she is enjoying the IT "Intensive Training" over the Bunk Drills. Give it time and those events will be less frequent as the team work improves.

Great news on the additional phone call Mark, I think we are all walking taller with Pride of our young Sailors. Have a great day and prayers go out to all.
I received my son first letter today, he is OK and in good spirit. He is missing the family and the good times we had together. He ask me for family pictures. He said he is praying a lot and every time he feels down, he remember our last vacation together and all the good times.
Christopher,
That's great news! Isn't it awesome to get word from your son when it's most likely that this is the longest that you've ever gone without talking to him? I know that my anxiety was building just because I wanted to hear that he was alright and that he was happy and feeling good about being there. Good luck to you and your family and your son and God Bless all of our young sailers.
Mark

Christopher said:
I received my son first letter today, he is OK and in good spirit. He is missing the family and the good times we had together. He ask me for family pictures. He said he is praying a lot and every time he feels down, he remember our last vacation together and all the good times.
Hi everyone, we got a call today. My son is in Ship 09 Div 029, he is OK and in good spirit. He had his wisdom teeth pulled, he is OK now. Can't wait to see him on 12/30.
Looks like the mail is starting to flow on a regular basis now that they are getting on a standard routine. Keep encouraging them.. PIR 30DEC. I believe they have their first big test coming up. Must be the Knowledge Test they seem to be studying for. They will continue to improve on their PT tests as the amount of Intensive Training reduces. Sounds like everyone is adapting well. They are receiving the best dental care xrays, cleanings, wisdom teeth pulled "All free of charge" can't beat that. They will have them all ship shape for their first duty station in no time. They all need our support more than ever. Keep the letter or Non Musical cards going. They live for mail call... Imagine 80 sailors sitting on the floor in front of their RDC waiting for their name to be called. Hope all is going well for your sailors. Our prayers are with them all.
Great news, Christopher.
Got a letter from our son, David today. He's doing very well. Had a couple of funny stories to tell. We're still missing him terribly but are starting to get used to the idea that he's moving on with his life and what better place than the Navy? We're very proud.
Mark
Got a letter today from the boy. Said that things are getting much better. also said that their division got to eat lunch with a bunch of Senior Chiefs and a couple of Sgt Majors from the Army. He said it was really cool because they were able to talk to all of these senior guys like regular sailors and not recruits. His sister got a letter that said that they were going to be able to have liberty right after Christmas through Jan 6. I guess it's one of those deals where they can leave base but need to be back every night. I think his sister and mother are going to try and get their for couple of days.

Shane
Very cool, Shane. Very glad to hear that your son is doing so well. We're still waiting for another letter from David... or maybe he'll get to call. Hope so. I know that by now these guys have settled into their new routines and are more comfortable being away from home.

Shane Snyder said:
Got a letter today from the boy. Said that things are getting much better. also said that their division got to eat lunch with a bunch of Senior Chiefs and a couple of Sgt Majors from the Army. He said it was really cool because they were able to talk to all of these senior guys like regular sailors and not recruits. His sister got a letter that said that they were going to be able to have liberty right after Christmas through Jan 6. I guess it's one of those deals where they can leave base but need to be back every night. I think his sister and mother are going to try and get their for couple of days.

Shane
I got a call from Sean on Friday, I was just going into Taco Bell when my cell phone rang, it really took me by surprise it was about 1215. we talked for about 10-12 min. said things were going pretty good finally. Was really funny because he said for the first week or two he had the "what in the world am I doing here" thing going on. Sounded really good but tired (he told me that they had pulled his wisdom teeth the day before). but it was sure great hearing from him. although it was a high to hear from him I was pretty down a little later. Anyway I am sure you will hear from your son pretty soon.

Mark said:
Very cool, Shane. Very glad to hear that your son is doing so well. We're still waiting for another letter from David... or maybe he'll get to call. Hope so. I know that by now these guys have settled into their new routines and are more comfortable being away from home.

Shane Snyder said:

Shane

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments