Navy Dads

I just got my form letter from my son and am looking to meet up with any dads and moms at P.I.R. on Sept. 1st. This is my second P.I.R. so I guess you could say that I'm an old salt now. Jump in here and give your SR's Ship and Div. #.

Divisions Graduating by Training Group

TG 42 — 13 Divisions (281–290, 818, 819 & 942) Graduate Thurs., Sep. 1, 2011

SR Sullivan

Ship 11 Div. 284

Views: 454

Replies to This Discussion

Thisisnotmyname, would you mind if i drooped a letter to your daughter of encouragement? I dont know that it will help but I know my son got a letter frkm a friend if my wifes that he has never met and he said that hearing her encouragement meant a lot to him and helped him push through his medical problems and made him realize that he had a lot of people oulling for him, even though he may not know them.
Jim we can do Saturday on the peir or we can come to south bend on saturday and we can try out yours and Rev's favorite restraunt. Either way is fine with us.

My daughter went in from Tampa, Florida, so thankfully she's used to the heat a bit.

I went to boot in Orlando (from Cleveland) in July and thought I was going to die. We did PT outside on black flag days - when we were supposed to be kept inside. I was talking to a friend about it and he said they've probably tried to completely eliminate any heat-related illnesses and are a little better about it now than when I went.('90.)

NavyDads Co-Admin, Tim said:

I'm not really worried about Ethan with the warm weather they are experiencing. He grew up in Oklahoma where its 100* + 60 days out of the summer. My worry is if he has to stay in great lakes through the winter. We don't get alot of snow very often.

Sure! I'm sure she'd love any extra support. She tried to be all tough and cool before she went, but this is a big shock for her; it's the first time she's been on her own. She's only 17!

Just PM me for her address & details.

NavyDads Co-Admin, Tim said:

Thisisnotmyname, would you mind if i drooped a letter to your daughter of encouragement? I dont know that it will help but I know my son got a letter frkm a friend if my wifes that he has never met and he said that hearing her encouragement meant a lot to him and helped him push through his medical problems and made him realize that he had a lot of people oulling for him, even though he may not know them.

Jim it is up to you if you and Bev want to come to the peir or not. I just figured that would save you guys a day of vacation and would give you a chance to show us some Indiana love. I want to see the Campus there in South Bend, especially that big gold dome. "Rudy" "Rudy" "Rudy".....lol

Is R-POC the same as RCPO?

NavyDads Co-Admin, Jim said:

The RCPO is the primary recruit assistant to RDCs....think this term is no longer used in favor of

RPOC is the Recruit Chief Petty Officer

Too Bad Jim. guess we will just hafta find another time to do some sight seeing on the campus. We will figure something out and a place to meet.

My son will also graduate on sept 1. I am looking forward to going to GL, and hopefuly meet you there, I am in Ga.

My son isin ship 7 Div 290 and I am a proud father and a retired Army Man.

Well we got good and bad news. Bad news Ethan is getting discharged for Medical. He had a cyst form on the bottom side of one of his toes. He will be home sometime next week. The good news is that he was told that he can get back in after he gets a clean bill of health from personal Dr. I would still like to come to P.I.R. with all of you but now we have to turn our focus on getting Ethan back to full speed and see what he wants to do from here. I know that right now he is saying that he is going back, he wanted to finish basic but with the removal of the cyst made it where he coldn't perform any PT. I feel that he will make a full recovery and be right back in Great Lakes in no time at all.

My Son is on ship 7 Div 290 and I got my frist lettr from him today and also got a phone call from him also, he is doing fine now, the frist two weeks was very hard for him. His mother is sweating bullets for her baby. I am a army vet, so I know what they go thru, so I told him to buckle down, take the crap, past battlestations, and move on to the day when he will say "I am a Navy Seaman". Each day is aday closer to that PIR Date of Sept 1 st. I am proud of all of the going thru boot camp right now in a special way.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments