Navy Dads

Does anyone know how to get a password to enter in order to recieve your parking pass online at this site?

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

password should have been sent on the form letter you received at the beginning of bootcamp....
Gotcha Thank you
That was it awesome I cannot wait to get there and see this PIR. It will be good to watch it as I was once in it !!
I'm sure it will bring back many memories, but will be much more important since it's your sailor! Plan to dress warm!!!
All,
Make a couple of copies of your parking pass so that you always have one in the glove compartment of your car. Even after the PIR- when you go to pick up your sailor the next day, your parking pass along with your drivers license will get you back onto the base to park next to NEX (Navy Exchange). In this extreme winter weather your sailor will certainly appreciate being picked up in the morning or dropped off at night at the end of the parking lot next to the Chapel. It shaves off at least 5-10 minutes off their walk back to or from their compartments.
Mark
Mark, Can you comment on the driving vs shuttle question? I assume you drove to the base, since you are talking about the parking pass. What time did you arrive and how long did it take to get in and to the drill hall? One last question, did they have seating for those not on the list? We have been told that once all the guaranteed folks are in, they will let others in. Did you see this?
Mark,

I opted to take a taxi and was so glad that I did... (we were going to take a shuttle but since our son's graduation was on a Wednesday it took the shuttle guys by surprise and they never showed). Now that I've experienced the process, driving your car is only a good idea if you're willing to get there REAL early- meaning, getting in line at 6:30 or earlier. And once the cars get through the gate, you still have to wait while they inspect your vehicle and others around you. The shuttles and the taxis turn into their own drop off area and you can get out and get your group directly into the identification line. From there you can walk directly to the PIR building. Our taxi charged us $3.00 a person from the Residence Inn and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy ride- and when you get ready to head back, there will be several taxis waiting at the gate.

When you return to the base with your sailor later that evening, or subsequent days, you can use your parking pass to get into the base (but only as far as the parking lot just past the Naval Exchange). When we were there last week, it was COLD!!!! and your sailor will very much appreciate getting him/her that much closer to their compartment. The parking lot there is very long and if your drive all the way down to the Chapel area, their walking time in the inclement weather is greatly reduced.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Good luck!

Mark

Mark Mangus said:
Mark, Can you comment on the driving vs shuttle question? I assume you drove to the base, since you are talking about the parking pass. What time did you arrive and how long did it take to get in and to the drill hall? One last question, did they have seating for those not on the list? We have been told that once all the guaranteed folks are in, they will let others in. Did you see this?
Mark,

I forgot about the added person... Officially they will tell you that every sailor is allowed four seats. I've heard (but have not personally witnessed) that they try to get everyone in. Most likely the worst that could happen is that you have to send someone back in a taxi. If you drive your car, they may keep you from entering the base with an extra person. Since we didn't drive, I'm not sure how that initial entry works.

Mark

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments