Navy Dads

My son shipped out to Great Lakes on 2/23 and I believe he is currently in week 2.  So far we got the call that he was there and safe, we got the box with his clothes and the form letter.  My wife has gotten some limited information from the Navy Moms group.  Not enough info to paint an accurate picture.

We are waiting for our first phone call or letter.  We know there have been some letters and phone calls get out.

I'd appreciate hearing from any of you who also have a son in this division.

Thanks, Mike

Views: 560

Replies to This Discussion

Good news, we got a letter.  Sounds like he's doing OK.  My wife is relieved and I am relieved that she is relieved.

My son is in Ship11 Div132 and is also slated to PIR on 4/27/12.  He has called us twice since his initial "arrived safely" phone call.  He's been awarded phone calls for doing something right,  not sure what it was .  He says it's tough but they are getting through it.  My wife  writes a letter every day.  Some of it seems mundane but my son says everyone dies for any letters from home.  I write and my daughter also writes.  He gets kidded for getting so many letters but he  craves them.  He also sent us two short letters.

My wife has written him a bazillion letters (well everyday) and I am on number 5. We got letters back from him last week and this week. He says he is doing fine.  I will get the skinny from his RDC at PIR though.  We were hoping for a phone call this last weekend, but those are a privilege and they have to be earned.  Maybe this Sunday.  Thursday starts week 5.  He's getting there.

I'm somewhat in the dark about phone cards. We already had 4 phone calls with my son, and I don't understand where phone cards come in, or how they're used.

We just got a 20 minute phone call from the boy.  It's was really good to hear from him and find out he's doing well.  He had a problem with his knees from running and all the kids have been getting sick.  It sounds like he and the Division is doing OK though.  I did find out they started at 88 and they are down to 73.  PIR is in just under 4 weeks.

My son is Ship 02, Div 924 with PIR this Friday, 4/27.  We've heard very little from him. Received two letters and one phone call on Easter.  I've been trying to find pictures of the previous PIRs to see if I could see him playing in the band.  No luck.  It will be good to know he's made it through and will ship directly off to his assignment.  Not sure when we will see him and hear the stories.  We've shipped his cell phone to his final destination.  Hopefully we'll talk to him after his PIR.  I assume by now he will be graduating as planned. 

You should get a call after he passes Battle Stations 21.  We got our call on Friday afternoon.  My wife and I will be at the PIR.

My son is 07/129. We got the call Friday afternoon. I'll be at PIR on Friday.

Ship 02, Div. 924 PIR Friday 4/27.  We got the call today (Tuesday) after battle station from an exhausted son. His division must have been one of the last to finish.  Anyway, all is well.  I'm not going to PIR, but driving his car to Annapolis this week so he'll have wheels at his final destination.  He ships out on Saturday.  Good luck to all who graduate this Friday and congratulations to their proud Navy parents!

At the PIR waiting for it to start.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments