Navy Dads

My daughter left 10/6 anyone else have family in the same?

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, my son is also in ship 11 div 16. He arrived at GL 10/6. With the very limited communication we've received so far, everything sounds like it's going fine. We're patiently looking forward to his next phone call or letter, hopefully next weekend. We're starting to get a little less emotional each day, but we miss him greatly. We're ready for PIR and can hardly wait. Good luck to your daughter and thanks for your support of all our recruits.
UPDATE!!
We recieved a letter today from Kate!! She said it is very hard and she misses us very much. She only wants to come home!! She said she will not give up. Kate stated that a family member can come for thanksgiving. She will send more details later. Mike i am sure they are doin great! wonder if they know one another?
We haven't heard anything from Wes since the letter from the commanding officer and the 3 lines written by him at the end of the form letter. Apparently everything is fine. Remember no news is good news. Hopefully we'll hear from him this weekend. That will be his 3rd weekend at GL. The way I understand it, if they make it thru this week and next week, it's most likely they will make the entire training and will graduate as scheduled. Since there are so many recruits in each ship, it's not likely they have met, but we'll probably never know.
Hey Steve, we just received our first real letter from Wes and WOW! He's positive, upbeat, and seems to be doing real well. He says everything there is a test and everyone's getting their wisdom teeth pulled. He also said they're all in good hands and are looking forward to seeing us at graduation. I trust your daughter is doing well, too. She'll be fine after the initial shock of RTC. Graduation is just a few weeks away!
We received a second letter!! It was a total 180 she says it is hard but she is doin great. She said it is amazing to her how much she has changed her way of thinking in just a few weeks. She still says we can see her at thanksgiving but I dont know any details???? I am glad Wes is doin good. I just cant get over the transformation.
Hi Steve and Mike. Our son James is in Ship 11 Div 16 also. His PIR date is Dec. 4th.
Welcome, Jim! We're still waiting on our second letter and our second phone call from Wes. Since I missed Wes' phone call last week, I've not talked to him since he went in on October 6th. I've got several questions to ask him. They say no news is good news so I'm assuming everything is fine with him. Are you going up to GL on Thanksgiving? We're not going to be able to go, but Wes is planning to spend the day with his friends as part of the adopt-a-sailor program. I understand that program is great. We'll be seeing him the following week. Stay in contact with us.
We recieved a 3 page letter today!! She says she is doing great but all the girls wanna fight. They have intense training when they fight or do something wrong. She said they make u do I T till someone pukes but she hasnt puked yet lol.We are goin up for thanksgiving!! She says she really feels alot more grown up now. Sounds like she has really learned alot there. Welcome Jim
Hi Mike and Steve. So far we have received two short letters and his mom got a 30 min phone call last week from our son James. He had said something about the Adopt-a-Sailor program. We can't make it out for Thanksgiving so we will be encouraging him to do the Adopt-a-Sailor with some ship mates. That sounds like a great program for families in the area, what a blessing to our service men and women. Like you we have so many questions to ask our son and we can't wait to see the changes in this boy we sent to boot camp. I hope we can get to meet you guys and your sailors at PIR.

Mike said:
Welcome, Jim! We're still waiting on our second letter and our second phone call from Wes. Since I missed Wes' phone call last week, I've not talked to him since he went in on October 6th. I've got several questions to ask him. They say no news is good news so I'm assuming everything is fine with him. Are you going up to GL on Thanksgiving? We're not going to be able to go, but Wes is planning to spend the day with his friends as part of the adopt-a-sailor program. I understand that program is great. We'll be seeing him the following week. Stay in contact with us.
Any news out there as far as when battle stations will be for 12/4 PIR? We haven't got to talk to Wes since October 5th. We were gone when he called 3- 1/2 weeks ago, but he got to talk to his sister. He's not been able to make any calls since then. We've been getting 2 letters per week and he still sounds upbeat. Any new news would be helpful. Just a few days to go 'til PIR.
We received a short letter from our son, James on the 17th. He said he has met Wes and Kate. Also said it is getting colder and he is fighting an ear infection, but nothing yet about Battle Stations. There is a lot of dialog on the Navy4moms, they seem to be getting more info then we are. With Thanksgiving next week these next two weeks should go by fast.
Thats cool they met! We leave tues evening to drive up for Thanksgiving with kate. We can take her off base from 8am-8pm. We are so excited!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments