Navy Dads

My daughter left 10/6 anyone else have family in the same?

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning. We received a call last night from Wes and this was the first time my wife and I have been able to talk to him since he arrived at GL. He sounded very upbeat and positive still yet and he said he got to make the phone call because he had the shiniest boots in the division. We'll take them any way we can get them. He stated today was the last PFA and even though he had passed the ones before, he was still a little concerned but ready to go. The recruits have to pass this one in order to do battle stations. I'm sure he'll do fine. I don't know if you've heard or not but their class is scheduled to start battle stations next Monday the 30th and finish on the 1st. Should receive a call from our sailors sometime Tuesday. This information came from the public affairs office at GL on Friday when I called them with some other questions. Wes has been a bit puny as has most others, but recovering rapidly. I think he's done pretty well considering having his wisdom teeth removed, the flu, and whatever other crud that may be lurking somewhere. I'm sure your recruits are doing well and will make fine sailors also. They've overcome some great hurdles over the past several weeks and our family is very proud of all the recruits that have stepped up to the plate to serve this great country. We're looking forward to be at GL on Friday the 4th.

We were with her all day we had a blast. She has grown up sooo much in a short time. I am so proud of her. I teared up like a woman everytime i looked at her

Steve, I'm very happy to hear you had a great Thanksgiving Day with your daughter. She looks like a real fine young lady and I can understand why you're sooooooooo proud! I'm sure thats a day you'll never forget and rightfully so. About mid-afternoon, we received a 41 minute telephone call from Wes and all the folks that were here at our home were able to talk to him. He was at the Mosse Lodge in Wauconda having a great time. He still sounds great and upbeat. It surprises me a little that he has taken to the boot camp/Navy process, but he really has. Our son's and daughters have accomplished a great deal. Many people wonder why it is so emotional for us to see or talk to our sons/daughters, but they also don't understand the fantastic feeling of pride we have for for our recruits. That deep feeling of pride is why I also tear up when I talk to Wes or when I think of him often, but you know, that's okay. Continued good luck and congratulations!
Steve, it's sooo wonderful to hear how proud you are of your daughter and how she has grown these 7 weeks. What a blessing to be able to spend Thanksgiving with her and then see her PIR next week. Mike, like you I am surprised that our son James likes what he is going through with basic training. We got a call from James Thanksgiving and today also. Just by hearing him on the phone we can tell of the change in him, he sounds more confident then I have every heard him talk, can't wait to see him. Division 016 will have some very proud and emotional families at PRI. Mike you wrote that Battle Stations will be Monday and Tuesday we will be waiting with phone at our side on Tuesday to hear "I am a United States Navy Sailor". Need to start packing, December 4th will be here quick. Bravo zulu to you guys and your recruits.
Kate told us the same battle stations are Monday am. She said she would call us Tues as soon as she got her hat. She is sure she will get it. Never saw her so confident about anything or herself. She can do anything now I am sure of it
Looks like we all have sailors now!!! I am very proud of our kids they did a great job! Cant wait till friday
Congratulations! to all our sailors. Wes called his mom at about 3:50pm today and talked for about 40 minutes. We were thrilled to hear from him. Apparently, tomorrow the division will make a "pride run". What I understand is this is a run around the outer perimeter of the base, maybe about 5 miles total. I think they'll all be able to do it in record time due to their level of adrenaline working as they anticipate PIR on Friday. Wes is still in very good spirits and very upbeat. I'm sure all our sailors are relieved that boot camp is about over and then they're on to another challenge. Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of our sailors being able to spend the entire weekend with their families? Wes is considered grad and go with "floating orders". Again, we are very proud of all our sailors and a job well done.
Congrats to all! Job well done bravo zulu! Our son James was pumped when he call today and it sounded like the rest of them were as well in the back ground. James said he will be leaving very early Saturday morning for A school in Pensacola, maybe about 0200. PIR will be a shining moment for these proud sailors and us proud family and friends.
Everybody will be pumped.
Kate leaves at 0200 for Meridian Ms. We were hoping to have the whole weekend but not gonna happen. She is on liberty for 2 weeks once she gets there. The wife is gonna fly down next weekend for 4 days to hang out go shopping and things like that.
Since Wes has graduated basic, I'll be moving on to another group. PIR on 12/4 was fantastic, our time with Wes from Friday until Sunday night was great. Over all, the weekend was better than I could have imagined. We are still real proud of all our sailors. Good luck to you and your sailor, as your sailors accepts the next challenge and progresses toward the fleet. Go Navy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments