Navy Dads

Got our form letter from our daughter on Friday 080913! Very Excited!! Pretty sure she is in an Integrated Division. Just wanted to create a space to reach out and keep in touch with those of you with SR's in the same Ship and Division. 

My daughter's rate will be STG once she completes "A" School. From what my wife (who basically LIVES on navyformoms.com lately) and I have been able to gather, there may actually be one or more STG's in her or her sister division, which we think is 365. 

We live in Las Vegas and will be there for PIR. We have already secured plane tickets, hotel room, and car rental. 

Hope to hear from some of you out there. Hooyah Navy!

Views: 1662

Replies to This Discussion

So, either out calculations were off, or the Division is doing well enough to get an early phone call. Either way, who cares! I talked to her for about 8 minutes and then she hung up to call Amy. Amy said she only got to talk to her for about a minute and that the RDC was yelling at Savannah to get off the phone. Amy asked her if she needed to go, and Savannah said, "Yeah, but I don't care. I'm gonna talk to my Mom for a second"! Now, Savannah is a pretty strong willed person and has a good amount of "sass" to her (boy was THAT a lot of fun during high school) and Amy said that when she said that, she had a little tone of sass to it. So I read that as a good thing meaning she hasn't lost her spirit and confidence. I wonder if she paid for that!? A little extra PT never hurt anybody!

When I talked to her, she sounded great! She said she ranked up because she had passed both the DEP test and their PFA so she'll be at least E-2 when graduating. She was very upbeat and positive. She likes their RDC's. Said they are helpful and that she thinks they definitely got the better RDC's between the 2 divisions (366 and Brother Division 365). Apparently the RDC's for Div 365 do nothing but yell and scream at their SR's. She stopped talking to me several times to assist other shipmates in using calling cards and making calls. I guess there were some who didn't know how to use and didn't bring calling cards. Savannah brought some extras with here and I would assume was sharing them. Thank goodness her recruiter told us to bring them. Who thinks about calling cards now-a-days with cell phones and the like? We had to teach her how to use them! She hasn't received a boot camp promotion, but is what they call First Stick - we had to Google that - a "Stick" is a flag bearer, so if The 366 wins any flags, she will be one of the ones holding them up at PIR. She said she was doing well and the only thing that sucked was IT, but that it was only for about 30 minutes and they recovered quickly from it.

That was about the extent of it. She asked us to send her debit card, so that may be something the boys need as well. By looking at N4M, we found that The 366 still hasn't come completely together as a Division, but I would think that would be expected as they are still trying to figure things out. They are also in a push division because it took longer for the division to fill up because they needed more women to fill out that half of the division. We're not sure, but it looks like some of the SR's may have sat in P-Days for between 10-12 days waiting for enough females to round the division out. One of the mom's got from her son that Friday (9/16) was T-Day (training day) 1-4 and that they are on schedule to PIR 9/27. I don't know about you guys, but I always feel better when I get hard confirmation from somebody involved. We also found out that they will be able to start writing letters and sending them out starting tomorrow (Sunday) so hopefully we'll all see letters sometime later in the week. 

I told her I was on Navy Dads and that I had connected with a couple of guys. She asked for names and I said "Barber and Bixler". Immediately she said, "No, PIXler, not Bixler. Yeah I know him. And the other was Barber? Yeah, yeah, I think so."!! This was right before I hung up with her. I told her that if she saw your boys to be sure she told them you guys were doing well and that you missed them. She said she would.

Whew! What a rush! I'm exhausted now, lol! Let us know how your conversation with Pete went Peter, when you get a second. Lance, I hope you get a call from Mike. 

One other thing, my wife's user name on N4M is "apamy" just in case your wives wanted to connect...

Hey Guys,  Thanks for all the updates. Still waiting for a call. Got home from golfing and saw that you both had received calls. My wife was gone during the same time shopping!!! We checked the answering machine but nothing there. My wife is devastated thinking we missed his call. Jason, I had her read your message describing your call from Savannah. I thought this would ease her pain a little. She was so happy to hear about how well your daughter is doing. I could tell she was happy and so sad at the same time as she was reading your message. Suddenly her eyes teared up and she started crying. I asked if everything was ok. She said they were tears of joy as she had just read about Savannah knowing Mike. I know she is still sad, but we want to thank you for that gift. It means so much. Its nice to have people like you around so we can all help each other. Also, Mike never took a calling card with him. Hope that's not the problem. So I will hang out the rest of the day here at home and hope for a call. Congratulations to both of you hearing from your SR's. I'm sure our time will come. Thanks again for the updates. Will let you know as soon as we hear anything.

Hey Lance! Really happy to hear that there was a moment of sunshine for your wife. God works in really cool ways, especially when we least expect it. I'm really glad He put us all on the same path so we all can support each other. We really hope you hear from Mike soon. Amy saw on N4M, that one mom was told by her son (from The 366) that they are going to be able to write letters starting Sunday, so I hope you guys get a letter right away. That'll do wonders for your wife.

It's possible that Mike not having a calling card may have been the issue. You might want to send him one. I haven't used this link myself, but you can get free cards from it and send them to him. http://callsforrecruits.org/  

Also, keep this in mind; some SR's will unfortunately miss the calls, even the "I'm a Sailor" call after B/S 21 because they are either standing watch or they have a job that prevents them from being able to leave and make the call. That is a possibility. 

Praying for you and your family, man.

Hey Guys! I found a boot camp schedule on the NavyDep.com website that breaks down the training schedule day by day. It's a little dated, from 2009, but it seems to be pretty close to what our SR's are doing. But here's the link. I actually have this posted at the house and at work so I can kind of "see" what they are doing today. Amy found out from a mom on N4M, that last Friday, 8/16, was T:1-4 - from what I understand, Saturday/Sundays do not count to the Training days, so if that is acurate, then they would be at T:1-5 today, Monday. We looked at it on a calender and it comes out right. Because of the Labor Day Holiday, looks like they would finish up T:6-5 around the 23/24 of September and then Battlestaions really soon after that, which means they would do B/S VERY close to their PIR date. Ahhhh, life in a push division!

Anyway, here's the link to the schedule: http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433

Let me know if it doesn't work. 

Good morning Gentlemen,

Must admit that after not receiving a call this weekend, I'm letting my imagination run a little wild. Went online to explore the reasons why some SRs make a call home and some don't. There are about two dozen possible scenarios. Some I feel OK about and others worry me. I keep telling myself "No news is good news" Not sure if I have convinced myself yet about that however. Sure, it could be something as simple as not having a phone card. But I'm sure he would have gotten one if available at the NEX. So of course I can only concentrate on the bad stuff. The thing is, he was always an athlete / honor student. Before he left for boot camp he could run the 1.5 miles easy under the time, do the pushups and situps without a problem and had memorized his packets of stuff for Navy chain of command and the other miscellaneous things. He has never been a trouble maker and follows instructions to the T. He had originally joined the Navy to go into the nuclear program. He passed all the tests, qualified and was excepted. For some reason, right before he went to sign his contract, he changed his mind and decided to go with his second choice of Air Traffic Controller. They told him that wasn't an option because there were no openings. He told them he was dropping out and would join the Air Force so he could get what he wanted. The next day they called and he had the Air Traffic Controller job. I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I just don't see him screwing up enough to not get to call home...... Plus, I think my wife being very emotional and worrying is starting to rub off on me. So we are sending a phone card today with stamps and a list of everyone's addresses and phone numbers. Covering all the bases. So now we are back to stalking the mailman. Hope for something this Thurs / Fri.  Thanks for letting me chew at your ear. I do feel a little better, and hopefully getting a few things off my chest will get me back to thinking straight again. I'm sure he went to church yesterday and if he's having any problems, he prayed about them. I know my wife and I are praying for him every day. Savannah and Pete are in our prayers also. Have a great week guys and I will let you know as soon as I here anything.

about phone calls.........you are entitled to exactly TWO calls...when they get to Great Lakes - the "I'm here" call and after BS21 the "I'm a Sailor" call....all other calls are "gifts" given by their RDC's....usually there are two or three more calls...about week 3 and then a couple towards BS21....but they are earned as a division and are withheld as well....the mantra "No News is Good News" is exactly true so my advice is to stop reading negative things into not getting a call.....if there were an issue you would know about it....he might have had duty/watch or been studying.....as far as the boot camp schedule goes....that is a flexible thing and when things are taught on what day changes.....much better to concentrate on the weekly-type schedules (check the boot camp group) than on a day to day one that changes day to day.....

Great info Paul! Thanks!!

You're doing good Lance. Keep positive brother, I'm sure he was on duty or something like that. Being the kind of man you described he is, he may have even been helping other recruit's with things and was putting his shipmates and division's needs before his own. In any case, we're prayin' for you and your family that you'll have peace. Remember, God above all, has got His hands on this. He's with Mike every step and every hour. Don't worry about the plan, it's God's and it's a plan for good. Stay strong brother! You got this!

Thanks Jason. Look forward to meeting you in GL. Not sure if you went to High School in Vegas or not, but guessing Savannah did. I lived in Vegas during Junior High and my first two years of High School. Went to Chaparral High. Was quite an experience. I was there the first year they started busing. Went back last year for a little vacation. What a change. Didn't recognize anything. Had a great time checking everything out. Good thing I don't gamble. Live to close to Reno for that..  Thanks again.

Hey guys. Heard anything from Mike or Pete? We got mail from Savannah today. It had 3 pages in it, all different letters. Will get back on here later and update you guys what she said. 

Lance, Amy heard from other moms that some SR's didn't get to make calls because they were SIQ (sick in quarters) because they had their wisdom teeth pulled. Not sure if it was the 366th or not. Did Mike still have his in? If so, that's a possibility.

I'm thinking today is our day. Since we live up in the boondocks it takes a little longer for us to get mail. I did read somewhere about wisdom teeth getting pulled in the Navy. Had know idea they would do it in boot camp. Mike did have one impacted wisdom tooth before he left. There were so many things he wanted to do before leaving for boot camp that he ran out of time. I think on purpose..... Sounds like they had them removed the Friday before all the SRs called home. I'm sure he wasn't happy about having them removed. Hes a big sissy when it comes to dental work, doctors, shots etc. Glad you received your letters. Hope Savannah is doing well. Sounds like she is a strong girl and should do fine. Hope our division is a good one and the SRs are working well together. I hear some divisions are getting into trouble ( sneaking out, talking back, etc ) I also heard that many divisions have already lost as many as 9 members. Look forward to hearing about Savannah's adventures and will update you about Mikes hopefully today. Will be interesting to see how they compare. 

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments