Navy Dads

Just got my son's mailing information so I thought I would start a discussion for anyone else on this sight with SR's on the same "ship" so we can keep in touch, support one-another and hopefully get together at Sarge's the night before PIR

Views: 944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As soon as anyone gets PIR information about this class I would appreciate it. I calculated eight weeks from his start date but came up with a different grad date than what is published on:

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/upcoming_grads.asp

Indeed,

Congrats to you too. If we are both at the end of the first week then I'm guessing same PIR. The "ship" seems obvious enough but not sure how Division plays into it. We just got his box today...a couple lessons learned that I plan on posting in a separate thread. I searched this sight extensively regarding a few Items I thought would be important but I was wrong. I thought for sure he would need a good pair of running shoes and given the individual nature of that article thought they would not be issued...WRONG..new shoes showed up in the box. I thought for sure he would need a watch....WRONG...new watch showed up in the box. I thought for sure he would need a toiletry kit...WRONG, showed up in the box. (minus the toiletries though, they were confiscated as he went through security at the airport). Oh well, One down, seven to go. Nice to meet you Chris..(p.s. we are in WV...U?)

"Ship" - translate to barracks complex.  "Division" - training compliment of 88 sailors...think of your sailor's shipmates in the training group.  Oh..."Training Group" - those divisions that share a common PIR (Pass in Review) date....Pass in Review is the Navy's term for boot camp graduation....you can watch a PIR on the main page of the site and see what you will experience when you travel to Great Lakes

We used to live in Little Elm (N of Dallas) before our last trip overseas. My understanding is that they will not be receiving or writing letters until next Sunday but I agree, the writing on our end helps. Hope to have a few he should receive the first day he gets letters. You guys planning on attending PIR?

Rob Gray

Mr. Co-Admin, Perhaps You can clarify a couple of things in the above info. The XXX's after Ship: Number or Name? The XXX's after Div self explnatory, but what about the XXX's on line 3: The address associated w/ the ship? Also this seems different than what my sons recruiter told me (which would of course be the very first time a recruiter ever misinformed me)

My sons recruiter told me the correct format was:

SR Last Name, First Name, Mi

3505 Sailor Dr

Great Lakes, IL 60088

Ship 11 USS Kearsarge

Cmpt XXX DIV R. 2013_395I

I realize the letter will probably get their either way...Thanks for your help.

Rob

SR LAST NAME, FIRST NAME,  MI
            SHIP 11 DIV 395
            3505 Sailor Dr
          GREAT LAKES IL 60088-3505

Just substitute appropriate info into the XXXX fields..........

the info we have posted is directly off the RTC website

Know it well. Ditto, Myself, wife and remaining son (15) planning on heading to PIR. We were hoping to get there early enough on thur to attend the gathering at Sarge's. Still going to have to wait to see travel options. We're planning on staying at the Navy Lodge when we get there. Also trying to figure out how long to stay. We know our son is headed to Pensacola afterword and don't want to just up and leave if he is going to be there on liberty for most of the weekend. Right now I'm thinking we'll depart Sun morning.

Hard for me to justify the price difference for the possible downside of simply spending an extra night in Chicago after our son has departed. Not that I like Chicago...I don't, but I'm sure I can find a way to keep us entertained for a day. Have you gotten any more information on a PIR date?

Hey Chris,

Another Dad has created a thread for PIR date 18 Oct under the General Forum. I recommended he move it to the Bootcamp forum. In either case I recommend we meet up in whichever location that ends up. See ya there.

Rob

My daughter is also Ship 11 DIV 395.  Just started looking in schedules and planning for PIR on 18 Oct.  Her A school is supposed to be at Great Lakes also. Looking at some of the info here, I'm hoping she will have some liberty the day after PIR to spend a little time together.

Hey Dave,

They should be reading our letters today, as well as given a chance to write a few. Hopefully by Wed we will see something. Make sure you check in to the PIR 18 OCT discussion in this same Bootcamp thread. We're trying to grow that group with all the 18 Oct grad families.

Rob

I got a call from my sailor in Ship 11, Division 395 this past Saturday. I'm pretty sure that they take them down in groups and I know that calls and anything else are definitely earned by the group/ sailors. 

You should be getting a letter sometime this week or next if your boyfriend is in the same division and ship as mine! When he called he said that they're finally going to be able to send letters this past Sunday. So up until then they've been receiving letters, but they haven't been able to send any out!

I hope this helps in any way! 

Taylor said:

My boyfriend went to bootcamp on August 19th 2013. Does anyone know why I haven't got a letter or phone call yet?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments