Navy Dads

Form letter came yesterday! Received his box about 4 days ago. I'm doing better than I thought I would be at this point. He's my youngest of 2 children, so wasn't sure how the empty nest thing would affect me. So far, so good. Want to hear from more from Division 105!

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats. My son is in the same group, 11, 105. We have received the form letter and the boy in the box. Waiting to get that first call. Hope all goes well for you and your family,

Hi there, I also received my boy in a box and the form letter.  Still no call :( and the waitting is driving me crazy because I am so sure when he is able to call he won't be get ahold of me.  My son's name is Kyle and he will be turning 23 on Feb 22. I have already sent him a couple of cards so I am hoping to at least get a letter soon.

Got the first letter today!! He's doing well. Hope the call will follow soon.

Hello everyone.  My son is also in this group.  We have received one letter and he sent another to his grandmother.  It definitly put our minds at ease after getting them.  That long three weeks of nothing but running to see who, mom or dad, could get to the mail first was getting a bit much.  My wife and I both have collision bruises.  I went through bootcamp myself down in Orlando '89 so I thought I would be able to better understand and not worry so much about what my son is going through but it didn't help.  I'm constantly worried about him.  I'm hoping that the second call will come soon.

We received two letters from Chris today and I'm very proud to say that I almost broke down reading his letters.  He said that he loves the way his uniforms fit and that he loves wearing them.  He's asked me more questions in the 4 letters we have than he has the last few years of him being at home.  My wife read the letters to me and after I hung up with her I went to one of the other military fathers at work and told him "my son has finally grown up", made very proud.  Thanks for giving us parents a place to vent and enjoy others that are going through this.  I have always said the military families share a unique bond and I'm very happy for that!

...Well put, Don!

We got a letter the other day and my son missed his phone call home due to being on bed rest because of wisdom teeth removal.  How did everyone elses phone calls go.  Any news on how they are all doing?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments