Navy Dads

Any other Dads out there with a recruit in this division?

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's three dads with something in common, all three of our kids are off to Groton following Boot Camp. After that, I am hoping all of our boys get to come home for some well deserved leave. After that, my son goes back to Groton for MM "A" school and I think it is for 21 weeks. My son ships out to BESS Aug 4th the day after his PIR.

Yeh have no idea when the official start date of my sons Basic Electronics school starts in groton. He is supposed to fly out the next day after bootcamp, but when I was in the Navy way back. One of my schools didn't start for 2 weeks, so of course I got to be on 2 weeks of working parties, yeh!!!. With his PIR on the 17th, he flies out for basic electronics.   After that, I guess he gets one of 3 fields, He will get Fire control technician, sonar technician, or LIKE his old man, he could become an Electronics Technician. I don't like him being at their mercy as to which school he gets. I signed for 6 years and was garenteed Electronics Technician, nothing else. He will get whatever they need at the time. All are good fields though. We are proud of him. Found out my son got selected to be guide on, (flag bearer). I can't stop laughing. He is shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention. Boy is he in for an eyeopening experience. haha

Ken, That is awesome! Guide on...there is a title I haven't used or heard in a VERY long time. Alot of the old terminology is coming back though.   Working parties for 2 weeks?  I had working parties for 3 months in between "A" and "C" school.  Boy was I pissed.  FC/ST/ET, can't really go wrong with any of those.  My son Kevin intentionally joined to follow the "old man" footsteps, he is a CTR.  I retired CTRC(SW) in 2008.  I tried to talk to him about CTN or FC or even NUKE but he wanted CTR, so that's what he got.  Congrats to you and your son!!

Thanks for the congrats. 3 months of working party?? WOW. Yeh I wouldn't have been happy. I only had the 2 weeks between A school and C school. I forgot a lot of the old terminology until my son started researching and signed up. Now with the letters, it really brings back memories.

Patrick Patterson said:

Ken, That is awesome! Guide on...there is a title I haven't used or heard in a VERY long time. Alot of the old terminology is coming back though.   Working parties for 2 weeks?  I had working parties for 3 months in between "A" and "C" school.  Boy was I pissed.  FC/ST/ET, can't really go wrong with any of those.  My son Kevin intentionally joined to follow the "old man" footsteps, he is a CTR.  I retired CTRC(SW) in 2008.  I tried to talk to him about CTN or FC or even NUKE but he wanted CTR, so that's what he got.  Congrats to you and your son!!

DIV 267 is only 24 days away from graduation!! Get your tickets!!

My son Thomas is also assigned to ship 9 div 267. His letters home are up beat, he seems to have adjusted well. They had the best time in tying the ship to the pier, even beat the Seal divisions. Wife and I can't wait for the 24th. Then we'll return for another PIR on Sept. 21, for my other son.

Jeff, it seems our sons are now friends!  Kevin mentioned "Jones" in a letter, which I have been getting about 2 per week!! From my days, I think I wrote like 6 letters the entire time I was up there!  We didn't have time for that! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments