Navy Dads

Does any of you have a recruit on Ship 2 Div 913?  We have not received our phone call yet, but like everyone else, we are trying to get our best estimate of when it will come.

thanks

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Scott.  Is there any consistacy as to the time of day, or night, they can call or is it all over the board?

Scott A Shaeffer said:
It's usually always 3-4 weeks..if they're good.

Stan,

I don't think there is a set amount of time. Our first phone call came 3 1/2 weeks after my daughter arrived but most got their calls earlier. Go with the adage, no news is good news.... I know it is tough.

Thanks for the info Scott.  The waiting is a little harder than I thought it would. Even more so for his Mom.  The hard part is figuring out exactly whe he started basic so you can kind of get some idea of when it will be.  We have received letters form him and he sounds good, but he did not really give us any details.  If you back up 8 weeks his PIR date, I figure he started Dec 24 Christmas eve.  That would have him finishing up week 3 this week.  So I guess we're close.  Have you already made arrangements fro the trip there for Angie's PIR?

Scott A Shaeffer said:
I can only say for me I got the call at 4:45 central time on my cell phone. Right away I asked her "how much time do you have" (our son was in the army and they would get more calls, but not very long) She told me 1hr. So we talked for 45 minutes...or I should say I listened lol. Anyway at the 45 minute mark I told her she should hang up and try and call her mom. Well, when she hung up and was in the middle of calling her moms cell I guess the RDC yelled TIMES UP!! and they had to march back to the barracks. Angie was heartbroken. We don't expect a call now till after battlestations 21 test called "I'm a sailor now" call.
Our initial calls were between 5-6 EST.

WE GOT OUR CALL!!!  Scott, you are right, I saw an immediated difference with his Mom after the call.  We both just wanted to hear his voice and know that he is on the right track.  He initally told us that he had possibably an hour to talk but they cut them off at around 30 minutes---but I'm not complainig.  It was great to hear from him.  I left work a little early and he called right when I got home.  It could not have worked any better. He has been sick a lot since he's been there but he is making it.  He said that a lot of the recruits in his dividion have been sick.  At least now we know what week he is in and we have some idea of what he is doing.  The best thing to hear was that he is still "fired up" about the Navy and what he is doing. It's amazing what a phone call will do. Thanks for the motel info. I am checking on various motels that have suites in the area, I ll look at the one in you mentioned in your note.  I guess now we will move ahead with our trip plans.

Thanks Scott and Bob for the replys

Scott A Shaeffer said:

Yes, were staying 3 miles from the base at the Marriot Spring Hill suites. Whie many opt for the base lodgings I knew Angie would like to be off base and our room to email and phone friends etc.

With 4 weeks to go she sent home a itemized daily schedule of what she would be doing day to day till graduation. I got the assumption that all recruits do this and send home. I hope you get your first call soon. It relieves TONS of stress (especially for moms) Angie talked 100MPH when she called and I could hardly get a word in when trying to ask questions lol.

Stan,

It's great to hear they still fired up, isn't it.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments