Navy Dads

PIR 03Dec2010  From central Indiana, Seabees BU.  Any other families of recruits have this in common?

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

Yup! My daughter is Ship 09 Div 013. Will you be going to the PIR?
Yes we are definately going to his PIR, and we are planing to participate in the Adopt a Sailor for Thanksgiving day. It's about a 3+ hour drive up, he called us and then sent the form, wanting to get out for the day so plan is to travel there then and a week later for PIR.

John K said:
cool....being from NJ it would be a little hard to do that! Is your son a grad&go? our daughter is....the same day! That stinks......
I'm not sure on the grad and go, I believe he told me with hesitation that he would ship out the next day, Saturday. He will be heading south to Gulf Port, Ms. He did say his training will be condensed to about half the original time for A school. What will your daughter be training for after boot camp? Are you planning to attend the PIR?

John K said:
cool....being from NJ it would be a little hard to do that! Is your son a grad&go? our daughter is....the same day! That stinks......
My daughter (Rachel) goes onto A school in Charleston SC ET (nuke) for 2 years….. Both my wife and I will be attending the PIR. Can’t wait! She told us in her first few letters she was given the nickname of “nuke”. I’m sure they know each other.
So you will be spending Thanksgiving with your son as well? If so how cool is that!
Yeh we are submitting the form to spend Turkey day with him. I'll ask him in the next letter I write him if he knows your daughter, you're probably right, they should know each other.

John K said:
So you will be spending Thanksgiving with your son as well? If so how cool is that!
Here's a few pics from yesterday with our soon to be CA. (Constructionman Apprentice)

John J. said:
Yes we are definately going to his PIR, and we are planing to participate in the Adopt a Sailor for Thanksgiving day. It's about a 3+ hour drive up, he called us and then sent the form, wanting to get out for the day so plan is to travel there then and a week later for PIR.

John K said:
Attachments:
Glad you were able to see your sailors.We were able to take our son and an adopted sailor for Thanksgiving. So proud of all the sailors for volunteering to serve/protect our Country! It was really neat to see Moms and Dads reaction to seeing a changed person coming out to greet them. One mom was taking a picture inside the building of the Navy Seal when her son walked up and she saw someone in her camera and then put it down to realize it was her son about to hug her.
boy you guys are lucky..... I saw it made some local tv news shows and i looked hard to see if i could spot Rachel....no luck.... Thursday wont come fast enough...

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments