Navy Dads

Hope this is the first thread for this class.  Just a place for all to go for questions/info as we go through this experience.  Seems as if some of the class was able to make calls yesterday (8/29).  Maybe F Company?  Nothing from Ted in E Company yet.

Views: 883

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, consistent with that deductive reasoning, my son in Co. F was able to call his wife yesterday. He was hoarse, tired, did not care for some aspects of the first week, but overall in good health and good shape. He's not getting an abundance of sleep, typical for the first week, but doing well. Hopefully E Co. will get phone privileges very soon. Not hearing is agony for the families.
Hey, Mike, happy to hear that you got a call, hoarse or not. I am sure yours is in the vast majority of not finding much to like about the first week. Good to hear he is still in good shape, though sleep deprived. Just staying healthy is a challenge in itself, aside from all the tests and inspections. Looks like another quiet week but next Sunday is coming
Yep, we will live Sunday to Sunday for a while awaiting updates on our guys. This is a very interesting journey. Looking forward to meeting the moms & dads at graduation, hopefully in November for all.

Mike Galligan said:
Hey, Mike, happy to hear that you got a call, hoarse or not. I am sure yours is in the vast majority of not finding much to like about the first week. Good to hear he is still in good shape, though sleep deprived. Just staying healthy is a challenge in itself, aside from all the tests and inspections. Looks like another quiet week but next Sunday is coming
Same here Mike. Wife and I have discussed the trauma of rolling into another class. From what I have read, while everyone is working their butts off to get through this thing clear, it is not the worst thing in the world for some. And part of making it through with original class is luck anyway (health, injury) so we are will see "success" as only graduating with original class. I am sure Ted would not agree with me at this point. However, one of the bad things about rolling is you lose timing with the families that helped you through this traumatic time, and that would be too bad. So, if for only our sakes, let's hope we all stay on schedule.
Mike
Should have said, we would NOT be seeing success as only graduating with original class. Obviously, graduation in whatever form is the goal. Like you though, just hope to meet some of the class families at the end.
Mike

Mike Galligan said:
Saving…
Oh, I'm counting on him NOT rolling and finishing on time with his original class; for several reasons. but I also like to prepare myself for contingencies, just in case.

Mike Galligan said:
Same here Mike. Wife and I have discussed the trauma of rolling into another class. From what I have read, while everyone is working their butts off to get through this thing clear, it is not the worst thing in the world for some. And part of making it through with original class is luck anyway (health, injury) so we are will see "success" as only graduating with original class. I am sure Ted would not agree with me at this point. However, one of the bad things about rolling is you lose timing with the families that helped you through this traumatic time, and that would be too bad. So, if for only our sakes, let's hope we all stay on schedule.
Mike
Yes, it's the same here. I am sure it is the plan for all to stick with original class. Just that reasons for rolling can be sometimes not within one's actual control. Believe me, ours would not be a happy camper if it happens to him. His mother and I are trying to prepare for whatever comes, same as your contingencies. Are you a college FB fan? I follow, not obsessed. Thought it might be a state law to root for LSU if from LA, however.
Mike
Not exactly a state law, but close. And since Danny graduated from LSU, we did tend to follow the Tigers a bit more closely than we did before. Had some good success during his time there---an NCAA championship in both football and baseball. Not obsessed, by any stretch. Have to split our time and attention between the Tigers and the Saints !!
Did not know about the LSU connection. In any case, it's been a great few years to be rooting for LSU and/or Saints. Being more of a baseball fan, have seen LSU plenty of times in the CWS. For whatever reason, I seem to have been intrigued by some of the football guys coming out of LSU program for past few years. They have plenty of good ones. But that conference is a meat grinder, seems you have to keep getting better just to hold your place. With so many good teams, a just "decent" team (take Georgia for example) stands to get drubbed if they are not on their game every week.

Mike Aucoin said:
Not exactly a state law, but close. And since Danny graduated from LSU, we did tend to follow the Tigers a bit more closely than we did before. Had some good success during his time there---an NCAA championship in both football and baseball. Not obsessed, by any stretch. Have to split our time and attention between the Tigers and the Saints !!
Does anyone have the email address "template" for our LOs at OCS? I saw it somewhere but cannot remember where. It was the OCS / Navy generic email address; all you had to do was drop in your Candidate's name. Thanks.
Mike,

OCS web site (home page) is:
http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otc/index.asp

Address info is on the FAQ page:

1. What is my mailing address going to be?

While at OCS, you may receive and send mail freely. The following will be your address while at OCS. Please note the only variable in the address will be your name and class number.

OC (Your Name)
Officer Candidate School
Class XX-XX
Officer Training Command Newport
291 Kollmeyer St
Newport, RI 02841-1641

Class would be 02-11-F. You should add teh company letter to the class number.

Best regards,
Bill
Bill: Thanks for that prompt reply. But I am looking for the Email address template. We have the snail mail address. I understand that 02-11-F were issued their email addresses recently / yesterday. That's what I'm trying to get. Thanks for your help. Mike

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments