Navy Dads

Any (or all) Suggestions for care packages to be sent to my son on Deployment.  He never asks for anything!

Views: 196

Replies to This Discussion

You do realize that NavyDads has a Care Pacakge group- we've had a lot of discussion about things to send and how to.....go to Groups at the top of the page and in the search box type Care Package
He is on the Truman

Maryellen said:
What ship is he on? go the Navy for moms and look at the group called Heads at Ease , we do pillowcases for the deployed military
Pete....My son is on the Truman also....We have sent him jerky, peporoni, coffee, magazines, vitamins, cracker jacks in a box ( cause the sailors on them ) Ha ! cashews, trail mix, photo's.......He loved it....Said they get packages from some ministries or care organazations ?? I just sent him 2 more....What is your son's position on ship ??
He is a AM with VFA-37

SCOTT MAHON said:
Pete....My son is on the Truman also....We have sent him jerky, peporoni, coffee, magazines, vitamins, cracker jacks in a box ( cause the sailors on them ) Ha ! cashews, trail mix, photo's.......He loved it....Said they get packages from some ministries or care organazations ?? I just sent him 2 more....What is your son's position on ship ??

Friends in the military ask for all sorts of things.  Our church collects baby wipes, energy bars, books, magazines, sample size shampoos and such.  Any and all homemade foods that can travel well are welcome.  But I  have the same question for those on a ship.  Can we even send anything when their ship is deployed?  I'm thinking no, but this is our first go round.  Mine is on ship, they are docked now but what do/can we send?  I figure when he's in port I can send anything, though he'll have access to things he needs.

Wow, this is helpful Pete.  So when their ship is out, they can still get stuff? 

Pete Anderson said:

He is a AM with VFA-37

SCOTT MAHON said:
Pete....My son is on the Truman also....We have sent him jerky, peporoni, coffee, magazines, vitamins, cracker jacks in a box ( cause the sailors on them ) Ha ! cashews, trail mix, photo's.......He loved it....Said they get packages from some ministries or care organazations ?? I just sent him 2 more....What is your son's position on ship ??

NavyDads has a Care Pacakge group- we've had a lot of discussion about things to send and how to.....go to Groups at the top of the page and in the search box type Care Package

April Ewing said:

Wow, this is helpful Pete.  So when their ship is out, they can still get stuff? 

Pete Anderson said:

He is a AM with VFA-37

SCOTT MAHON said:
Pete....My son is on the Truman also....We have sent him jerky, peporoni, coffee, magazines, vitamins, cracker jacks in a box ( cause the sailors on them ) Ha ! cashews, trail mix, photo's.......He loved it....Said they get packages from some ministries or care organazations ?? I just sent him 2 more....What is your son's position on ship ??

I have a question? My son is deployed- Uss. Enterprise. I know things to send, but forgot how to ADDRESS the box for him to get it. Last time I put the wrong address, but put his house address on the return, he received it when he came back. Thanks for any help..Fay

You can get the ships address from their website, you need to add your Sailors name and box #.

http://www.enterprise.navy.mil/

Click the link, it will take you to the appropriate page with the ships address and give you the information you need to correctly address it to your Sailor.

My Sailor is also aboard the USS Enterprise.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

Click

SUPPORTERS

Google-Based NavyDads Search


  only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Pride and Honor

Posted by Elliott Peigen on September 7, 2020 at 9:56am 2 Comments

Introducing Myself

Posted by John Lillyblad on March 18, 2020 at 4:38pm 5 Comments

Mail problems

Posted by Fernando Bolano on March 17, 2020 at 2:36pm 3 Comments

SHIP 06 DIV 100

Posted by Chris Koning on February 9, 2020 at 3:54pm 0 Comments

Ship 10 Div 114

Posted by Mike Cunningham on February 3, 2020 at 2:15pm 1 Comment

© 2020   Created by E.G. - ND's Creator/Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service